xmax 15 box recomendations?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

xmax 15 box recomendations?

Post by ttocs »

I am dreaming of using a xmax 15 to fill in the low end that the elite 9's will not and curious if anyone has any kick ass box designs? I have always done sealed boxes and smaller subs but this time with with the 9's up front to help cover the higher bass notes I have been dreaming of a nice big box and a kick ass box to go with it. Anyone done this already?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
zeropoint0.5

Re: xmax 15 box recomendations?

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

3.5 cu ft gross volume, 2 x 4inch aeroport with a lengh of 14 inch.....

gross volume so driver and ports displacement included

build it you'll be surprised.......

the 15inch Xmax can handle 800w rms for sure.................
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I was looking at the recomended audiophile measurements for a ported enclosure mainly because the 9's are supposed to play from 50-150. With the port tuned to 35 hz its roll off would be right at the 50hz mark where I am looking to cut it off at approx. It would be a challenge to get the 3.3 cu ft out of a mustangs trunk but I am up for the challenge. It will have to be at least a 2 piece box that would probably fill the spare tire well as well as the area behind the seat.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Nice if you need 2 12" instead lmk
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I really want to do the 15 for the first time for me. I think with the 9s in the doors a nicely tuned 15 to drop the bottom end should fill in nicely.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Im sure if not lmk
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
zeropoint0.5

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

[quote="ttocs"]I was looking at the recomended audiophile measurements for a ported enclosure mainly because the 9's are supposed to play from 50-150. With the port tuned to 35 hz its roll off would be right at the 50hz mark where I am looking to cut it off at approx. It would be a challenge to get the 3.3 cu ft out of a mustangs trunk but I am up for the challenge. It will have to be at least a 2 piece box that would probably fill the spare tire well as well as the area behind the seat.[/quote ]

i know those file's.... i even went a little bid further, and the box i mentioned played even better and lower

of the recommanded 3.3cu ft....... if you got the space in you're car, try it out.......

it is a box size i build and tested...... so i know it plays great..............

almost the same output as 2 12inch xmax both in a ported box...........
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I will give that a try then I guess................
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

I actually just threw my pair of 15" xmax subs in a box I had built for some other subs and they sound awesome.

The box is 2.8 cubes per chamber after woofer and port displacement tuned at 38 hz and it slams. Very good control and surprisingly great low end extension. I can only imagine what they would sound like in a box tuned to 32 hz. These woofer cones are very light so they can be very snappy even in a ported box.

So get as big as you can in your trunk and definitely do aeroports to save on your overall displacement. And if you do the precision ports you can always play around with tuning to get the sound you like.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

my plan is to make a 2 part box that will take up the spare tire well and some of the area behind the seat. Can't wait to get to that part although if my dr's don't quit dicking with my medicines I am not sure I will ever get there....