subs

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

subs

Post by ttocs »

So I decided to go with an old school ms/mq amplified system with my Ti elite 3 way components up front and a matching 2 way in back but the questions comes when it gets to subs. I want to go bigger then a 10" this time to fill in below the 9"s and I like the idea of a 15" xmax sub to go with the old school theme as well as the Cf theme but I am not sure that I do not want to go with a modern sub for this. I think subs have changed a bit with the longer throws then the xmax could do but then again I am not a complete basshead and the xmax was no slouch. But then there is always the question of the history of the old sub that can never really be answered. So what would you do for a system that is %90 sq and 20% basshead for a single sub to be powered off of a one side of a ms2250? Old/new? Size/brand? I Curious about what people think here as I can't decide.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: subs

Post by kg1961 »

I think you should forget cf subs and go something that will first handle the power and box size you can play with.
I remember in styler car he has a set of xmax 15 and than switched to dd 12 the car was so much louder lower I could not believe my ears the difference
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Scott,
If the Xmax is the way you wanna go ...I have a BNIB Xmax12 as well as another Xmax 12 I got from KG ...if interested lmk ...
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I will keep you in mind then if I do but I have to say that I am leaning towards getting something else. Not even really sure what to get though As I said originally I have never had anything bigger then a 10 so I want to go big this time. I really want it to get down low for when I listen to EDM stuff to fill my basehead needs when they come but for the most part I really just want a loud/clean woofer. I am willing to pay for something nice as long as it fits the need. The mustang doesn't have the biggest trunk opening so it can't be too big of a box.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

ttocs wrote:I will keep you in mind then if I do but I have to say that I am leaning towards getting something else. Not even really sure what to get though As I said originally I have never had anything bigger then a 10 so I want to go big this time. I really want it to get down low for when I listen to EDM stuff to fill my basehead needs when they come but for the most part I really just want a loud/clean woofer. I am willing to pay for something nice as long as it fits the need. The mustang doesn't have the biggest trunk opening so it can't be too big of a box.
Cool 8) , was just throwin' it out there just in case. I also have 3 old-skool TI10D4's in mint condition as well as a TI212D4 and Elite212D4 ...if interested, jlmk ... 8) :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Get 2 cyclone or a sick ass 18 run those 9's
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if the cyclone could do with less the 2 cu ft I would seriously give it some thought. def going to be at least a 12 if not a 15 just no idea which one.
NotDeafYet

Post by NotDeafYet »

I am very much so and quite content with a single XS12"... In a sealed box. Little room. Good bass. Removable... If that's an option for you as it was a must for me.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Bchester6

Post by Bchester6 »

In all honesty, the sub you are inquiring about 90% SQ, sounds alot like a 12" Boston G5. Highly efficient and requires only a cu ft of sealed air space. The sound is similar to the Pro 12.5LF but gets down in to the lower frequencies with a bit more nastiness. Overall, just a great balanced woofer that I would still be running mine but I wanted to match the comps up front 6.5LF's.