First Half decent install... need help lol

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
W31SHW4RR10R

First Half decent install... need help lol

Post by W31SHW4RR10R »

Hi Guys im new to the Phorum but i have nosied on here for a long time :)

My current items to go in my car are

My car is a mk4/IV xr3i cabriolet if ya google it you will get the picture of what im working with :) (one problem is obv is a cabriolet so has a mohair roof and the boot has a metal bulkhead type part and theres metal to the rear of the seats so i could use the whole boot as a free air box and port it directly into the back of the car... just a thought although i dnt want overpowering bass)

Pioneer P88rs 2
Focal 165 k2's - New
M50 ( re capped :) )

Rears - undecided
Sub/s undecided

my question is i want a sq setup but want deep lowww bass now and then as my music preference ranges from classical-dance-rock-drum and bass- techno- etc etc you get the jest lol. obv my main pref is sq so the question is do i use the m50 to power the focals and a sub (which i havnt decided on yet as theres way to much choice) or do i fit rears for rear fill and also get a m44 (its got to be the M series as when i was younger i dreamed of having them in my car (although i did have a alpine 7939r at the time but with crap amps/speakers so was a big waste :( ) also if i just stick with the M50 do i need a power cap or even a stinger split charge system as in im only going to be using the stock battery/alternator etc so will it be a waste or help the system??
vwdude

Re: First Half decent install... need help lol

Post by vwdude »

There are a million options. You can get another m50 for a sub or two, or get an m44 and run active, then run your sub off the m50 you have, or get an m100 for sub duty, or use the m100 for components and m50 for subs (sounds backwards but you can never give components too much clean power).

Do you plan to have rear passengers? If so then you'll need rear speakers in a convertible, otherwise it's a waste of space and money.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
W31SHW4RR10R

Post by W31SHW4RR10R »

Hi

Yes i will be having passengers now and then but im more focused on my listening pleasure, i will have to put some sort of speakers in the rear as i need to fill the holes and they will have to be decent looking ones as ive had the whole interior retrimmed so it would look a bit crap if i had the focals in the front in custom retrimmed pods and then say cheapy pioneers etc in the back. so how would i run the M44 ? i have got my eye on one but it need recapping :( would it just be for front/rear and the M50 for the sub/s (its prob going to one sub really as im limited with space) and as previously said ive got metal between the boot and rear of the car so im def gonna have to some cutting :(

How about the power supply problem? am i right in thinking a battery would help?

Thanks
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

vwdude wrote:There are a million options. You can get another m50 for a sub or two, or get an m44 and run active, then run your sub off the m50 you have, or get an m100 for sub duty, or use the m100 for components and m50 for subs (sounds backwards but you can never give components too much clean power).

Do you plan to have rear passengers? If so then you'll need rear speakers in a convertible, otherwise it's a waste of space and money.

I agree. I have bridged a M50 for the right component speaker side and had another M50 bridged to my left component speaker side. I'll never go smaller again. Years ago I ran a MS275 for my fronts. Not enough power. Especially with Focals of today. M100 for the fronts would be awesome too.