gold plating?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

gold plating?

Post by ttocs »

I am curious if anyone has ever had anything gold plated? Is it as expensive as I am afraid to know it might be?!
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: gold plating?

Post by kg1961 »

You might have the time but I just bough my wife a 24k dipped rose for 30.00 I think China has killed that idea or I could steal items to melt down
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

You can gold plate yourself for not too much cost. I have been looking into this myself lately as I have a few things I want gold plated.
Got "schooled" by member shawn k on May 10th, 2011...
No longer really "in tune" with the audio industry, and probably have not been for some time.
Hands down the forum's most ignorant member...
Don't even know what Ohm's law is...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

interesting. I have been slowly planning the ms/mq/mps system and realized I have a lot of amps to power to run an active system like I am. I am considering making some power/ground buss bars like on the ms2250 for example that would run next to each other and then tap power off of them to the fused dist blocks to the amps. I was considering plating them and mounting them right next to each other(but above/below the other) like it looks in the amp in my power distrobution area. So now the question is does anyone know anyone that does gold plating?
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Gold plating kits run about 60-100 bucks, don't know how much sq inches it will cover but it should easily do a bunch of terminal blocks.
Stravus

Post by Stravus »

Gold Electroplating is not that expensive to have done. I remember doing gold plating at a detail shop I worked at then I was a teen back when gold emblems and stuff was the craze. It was real cheap then and still is.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea I did some searches and it would not be too bad. Got my 2500 today and opened it up and saw what I wanted. The power buss bars in the middle, I want to copy those only a little larger and then run the power wires off of them to fuses on top and grounds on the bottom.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

Looks great scott !!glad you got it
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport