Need Help: Have an SD800.5 that powers on but makes no sound

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
esappy

Need Help: Have an SD800.5 that powers on but makes no sound

Post by esappy »

Hey Phorum members, I have been away for a while but I'm back and could use some help. As the title states, I have an SD800.5 that is no longer putting out any sound. the weird thing is is that it still powers up, the light comes on and is blue (indicating normal operation), but when I connect any speakers to it no matter which set of terminals, I get no sound at all! :? About the only details I can give from what I remember happening the day it "died" was that I was just using the subwoofer portion of the amp and I had some kind of electrical transient that shut down my whole system (head unit also). I shut down the vehicle, checked fuses (which were fine), looked for grounds (all wiring was properly tucked in and not touching anything they shouldn't have been) and after being certain all was as it should be, I powered everything back on, everything turned on but no sound from the amp. The head unit work fine and I can get sound from the head units amp. So I don't know what happened and honestly I am baffled. Anyone have any ideas? I didn't see anything blatantly obvious with the board that indicates a fried circuit or anything, but if it would help, I can take a pic and post it. I would even be willing to send it to one of you gurus here for repair since I am not very good with circuit boards and stuff. I just hope that this amp is not a paperweight now.