The new old school?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
phoenix4life

The new old school?

Post by phoenix4life »

Getting back into car audio after a long break. A lot has changed. Class D is everywhere. SPL has completely taken over. I do see some good SQ discussions here and there, mostly people from Europe though. Installation quality has plummeted. Back in the 2000's, even SPL vehicles had amazing installs.

After getting caught up on modern gear, a lot of it seems disposable. I see companies like Tru, Brax, and now D'Amore doing a nice job, but are people going to be hiding SKAR, Sundown, or Taramps under their beds 20 years from now?

What's the new, old school?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: The new old school?

Post by ttocs »

gosh that is an interesting question. I will have to chew on that for a minute...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

phoenix4life wrote:Getting back into car audio after a long break. A lot has changed. Class D is everywhere. SPL has completely taken over. I do see some good SQ discussions here and there, mostly people from Europe though. Installation quality has plummeted. Back in the 2000's, even SPL vehicles had amazing installs.

After getting caught up on modern gear, a lot of it seems disposable. I see companies like Tru, Brax, and now D'Amore doing a nice job, but are people going to be hiding SKAR, Sundown, or Taramps under their beds 20 years from now?

What's the new, old school?
Me too... I have had good luck with cadence, but all of my amps are phoenix. ms/ti series.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I would like to think the old pg would still be looked up upon but I am afraid that if its not a black box that they will forget it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.