System Improvements Suggestions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Zaphod

System Improvements Suggestions

Post by Zaphod »

Hi All, just looking for some input/suggestions for SQ improvements for my current system.

2020 Subaru Outback
PG Elite.5
PG 2xTi310D4 sealed box
Audio Control LC6i
Focal PS 165 F front
Focal PC 165 FE rear

Overall, I like the sound of this setup. Definitely need to add some sound dampening. Wondering where else to go from here? Would the PG Bass Cube be a good addition? How about a DSP? I mostly listen to rock music not a whole lot of electronic or hip hop but occasionally they find their way into the rotation.

Also, opinions on PG subs? What do you all like better?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: System Improvements Suggestions

Post by ttocs »

Sounds like a nice system. sound damping is a great place to go now. Second skin is the brand I use myself.

If you don't like the bass cube you can always turn it off, or just remove and sell it but it was not uncommon to find me tweeking it more often then I should.

I love pg amps, and their old wiring accessories but I have never been amazed by their speakers or subs(short of the cyclone). I am currently installing a set of Morel Ultimo 12s in my car but I can't tell you if they are good or bad yet as I have not heard them myself. I have also not heard much bad about them but we will see.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Thanks for the input. What about the PG subs doesn't impress you? What would you buy that is in a similar price range to the Ti3s?

Also would I be able to control the bass volume with a bass cube? My elite 5 doesn't have a remote unfortunately.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am a bit of an old school pg freak myself. The x-max were not a bad sub but I can't say they were my fav sub either. I must admit that I have not messed with the new gear to have a true opinion on it I am just being my snobby old school self I guess. The system I am building is based around the old Pg Ti Elite 3 way set up that was actually made by morel and badged for pg which is why I am matching the ultimo's to it.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

IMO i would concentrate on the sound deadning, one of the most important and often overlooked improvements one can do to your doors.

also i would recommend "plugging any holes in door" with like abs material to help make the door more solid and then coat with deadning material.

makes a big difference in the midbass and midrange.

good luck and take your time.

aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Yes doors can make a HUGE change with the correct damping. I got HDPE(cutting board material) from amazon to cover the holes in my doors.