Phoenix Gold 800.1ti Setup Question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
jrwilshire2003

Phoenix Gold 800.1ti Setup Question

Post by jrwilshire2003 »

Hi all,

I've got hold of a Titanium 800.1 amplifier to run my 15" subwoofer. I'm having issues setting it up. I"m new to these Titaniums but have had tons of other amps before and maybe comparing it to them. The issue I have is I can't change any of the low pass frequencies, bass boost or bass boost frequencies whilst it is in LP mode. The only way these become active is when the amp is set to BYPASS. I would have thought that even in LP mode you should have control over these functions? When in BYPASS mode all these features work and can be heard working but in LP mode moving them all doesn't make a single bit of difference. The only control that makes a difference is the high pass frequency knob which i'm not sure why is on a mono amplifier really lol. Maybe there is something wrong with the amplifier or just user error?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Re: Phoenix Gold 800.1ti Setup Question

Post by Jacampb2 »

Have you ready the manual for it find here: https://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manu ... Manual.pdf the crossover on this amp is pretty straight forward but some of the multi channel ti amps are extremely complex. The top scale on the rotary switch is supposed to be the amps crossover mode while the lower scale is for the auxiliary outputs. Most times the switch does not line up perfectly with the silk screen on the case. Start with it fully counter clockwise and count the detents to the desired position.

I can't really think of a scenerio where it would be possible for the switch functions to get somehow reversed or mirrored. I guess maybe if someone replaced it with an entirely incorrect part, but it's such a specialty switch that I don't think that's plausible.

The amp has a high pass mode because it is ab and has excellent Sq even in full range or high pass. It is not uncommon for Sq builds to use monoblock amps for each audio channel. It goes a long ways toward eliminating channel cross talk.
M: M100, M44 for a custom amp project
Zx: Zx500, Zx450, Black Zx350
ZxTi: 4 Zx600Ti's, 1 Zx400Ti
Ti: 5 800.1's & 900.7 for a custom amp project. 1 1200.1, 1 1000.2
Tantrum: 2 1200.1's, 1 600.4, 1 500.2
XS: XS6600
jrwilshire2003

Re: Phoenix Gold 800.1ti Setup Question

Post by jrwilshire2003 »

Right I thought exactly the same. I now have it In Amp mode HP aux out in LP and it’s working as an LP amp with all the LP functions working. I’m wondering if somehow the selector is not lining up with the markings somehow but it does have the correct amount of clicks for what the label states. It’s strange but it is an old amp and maybe something have happened over the years to it. Seems to be working how I want it to in this mode anyway. The manual for it is very vague compared to the other Ti amps available.