This place has been crazy dead... I think I hear an echo

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

This place has been crazy dead... I think I hear an echo

Post by Jacampb2 »

... Echo... echo...

It's like a graveyard in here. I'm only posting this to see if the phorum is actually broken. I can't believe it's been 6 months since they're had been a post.

Later,
Jason
M: M100, M44 for a custom amp project
Zx: Zx500, Zx450, Black Zx350
ZxTi: 4 Zx600Ti's, 1 Zx400Ti
Ti: 5 800.1's & 900.7 for a custom amp project. 1 1200.1, 1 1000.2
Tantrum: 2 1200.1's, 1 600.4, 1 500.2
XS: XS6600
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Re: This place has been crazy dead... I think I hear an echo

Post by HoseHead »

Bring water ...
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
csperl1

Post by csperl1 »

Yeah I think everyone migrated to the Facebook pages.
Alpine 9887, Rockford 360.2, ZX450's V2, 1 ZX350 V1, Legatia L1's, L3SE's, and, L6's, 2 ea. IDQ10D4V3

(Storage) 3 ea. MS2250TA's, 2 ea. MS250 (in parts)
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

yea it is sad with how much this place use to be poppin. Even the facebook pages are getting slow now as the die-hards are starting to sell their collections.

I have often wondered if we didn't open the forum up to just all "old school" car audio instead of pg if we could get some traffic and enjoy some of the old times. I would be just as excited to see a nice audio art amp as a nice ms amp and hear the stories about them.

Tom if you ever do decide to shut the site down please let me know first
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Traffic really dropped after the site upgrade. I think our search engine ranking took a big hit. The old forum had quite a few custom plugins to help with that. Also PG took our link off their website. So without new traffic coming here, it's up to people bookmarking and visiting. But y'all got other lives now and that's ok :)
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Another problem with the new forum software was an influx of bots. I had to switch new members to "approval required" for posts. I noticed there was a backlog since January that I hadn't approved yet, so I just promoted a bunch of y'all to moderators to help keep this place going.

New mods:
Jacampb2
ttocs
kg1961
Rold Gold
joerg
Eric D
mr tibbs
Francious70
smgreen20
AVICJR
mhyde71
Wakeup
VW337
bdubs767
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

stipud wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:36 am Another problem with the new forum software was an influx of bots. I had to switch new members to "approval required" for posts. I noticed there was a backlog since January that I hadn't approved yet, so I just promoted a bunch of y'all to moderators to help keep this place going.

New mods:
Jacampb2
ttocs
kg1961
Rold Gold
joerg
Eric D
mr tibbs
Francious70
smgreen20
AVICJR
mhyde71
Wakeup
VW337
bdubs767
how you been doing man?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:22 am how you been doing man?
Good enough I guess. Work and family runs my life right now. I don't get out much or have any hobbies -- shit's way too expensive these days.
lilviper

Post by lilviper »

well look at you guys bein all mods and such
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

would you guys believe I finally figured out my digestive issues over christmas(I don't think I mentioned it here but it has been an amazing year so far with this discovery and I can't remember who I have shared it with)? I found an article that I was sure was BS with the title "millions of people suffer from this little known syndrome" and as I clicked on it I thought "yea tell me about it". Well my jaw dropped open after going half way down the first page when it showed this simple diagnostic test that I recognized I could do 3 of the 5 things listed and never tried the other two, but after a quick check it left me wondering "can't everyone do this?"

https://www.ehlers-danlos.com/assessing ... rmobility/

EDS pretty rare affecting 1 in 5000 and is a problem where I lack collagen. Collagen is a connective tissue in the body and because of that broad description it can have many different effects from joint issues(most common) to heart issues but 60-70% of the patients have digestive issues exactly like I have. I went to my PC dr and showed him that I could bend my elbows back to probably 195-200 degrees, bend all 8 of my fingers back 90 degrees at the knuckles, easily bend over and put my palms on the ground and touch my thumb to my forearm and he said "Yup ya got it.". He said he had heard of it before but it is rare and I was his first patient to be diagnosed with it. I asked around and found a nurse practitioner that was recommended because she studied under a dr(that just retired of course) that specialized in EDS, and she was diagnosed to have EDS while under his study. So needless to say she has a little more experience than most and while she was 20 mins outside of town I made the trip. I can't tell you how refreshing it was to talk to a medical professional that FINALLY had some kind of a clue of what was going on. She showed me a couple of other things that confirmed that I have it, discussed options and we decided to get back together in a month after she gets my medical records. Since then probably at least once a week I discover something that is normal to me that is not so normal. Last night I got up from dinner and my knees each made one loud pop on my first two steps as they got back into place. This is a normal thing for me and I happened to look over at my dad who heard it and wondered if I was ok. I asked him if his knees pop all the time and he said that it happened one time to him...

So it is great that I figured it out, sucks that there isn't a cure. I have found a few things very helpful since the diagnosis and I am actually gained more weight than I have had in 20 years. I have been feeling much better mentally since this though so that is nothing to scoff at.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand so if anyone knows a circus that is hiring a contortionist that can juggle, let me know....