Are ZEN9’s still a thing

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ExBasshead

Are ZEN9’s still a thing

Post by ExBasshead »

Hi All!

I was recently offered a ZEN9 PG amp through a friend of mine and while I have been in car audio over 15 years (not the side that would need 8 A/b channels) and am aware of most products in the market, the ZEN9 was not one I was familiar with. So after some searching (yes I have read everything in this forum regarding the history of the amp) I do recognise it’s significance and “on paper” it looks to be a magnificent piece of work.

Due to the limited supply of these on the market I have not seen any reviews or any feedback from users of these. As I understand most went to dealers and key customers, some ended up in high-level installs.

While I am not really looking to install the amp or use it (I got out of the car audio business a couple of years ago) but it seems like a great collector item.

Am I wrong? The price I am getting is better than those I have found on past second-hand transactions. Not a huge difference but seems to make sense on a limited edition amp of that design.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Are ZEN9’s still a thing

Post by ttocs »

if you can pick it up for a nice price it is a nice amp. I have one but the sub channel needs some work and I have not got it repaired yet to try it out. But now it is a big sob, you will be dedicating some space for it if you do use it
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.