Are clif designs any good now?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Are clif designs any good now?

Post by ydnap »

I remember back in the old skool days a friend of mine had a component set that consisted of a 6" driver, 4" driver and tweet and 3 way XO.

I also remember that he paid over a grand for said set.. They were black with butyl surrounds and the baskets were burgundy. In the centre was their oldskool cd logo that looked like an 8 on its side, so the logo kinda made the centre cap look like an 8 ball.

Anyway, I loved those speakers and the sound...

So the story.. Well I spoke to mumsy a couple of days ago and she sent me over $50 via wire for xmas and when poking around on sonic electronic tonight I found these.

6.5 inch with swivel tweet, which I can swivel upward. Cost? $32 on clearout. I mean I dont know if I will use them for long, but heck for that price theuyre worth an audition.

Are clif good these days? they seem to be an awful lot cheaper than they used to be but I would imagine alot of that is because they are now made in rice fields.

They do look nice, rubber coated magnet, nice solid looking paper cone (I like paper cone drivers) and a decent butyl surround/looking tweeter.

I also ordered a set of the 3.5" ones that are gonna go down by my feet, these were $28 shipped.
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
Chris

Post by Chris »

you really should ask before you buy.

for not much more you could have had:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-Octane ... dZViewItem

or:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ADS39206 (i honestly know nothing about these, but they look kind of beefy)

but hey... if you get them and are happy than that is all that matters.
Chris

Post by Chris »

i should have mentioned that a company up here called XS cargo used to carry alot of clif products. and from what i saw there they looked pretty poorly made

www.xscargo.com is the website if you care to check out the kind of products they sell.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

PG RSd are by far the best coaxil under 200 out there. THEY USE THE SAME SPEAKERS as in the comp set.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

No worries Ill give these a try first :) I do like clif alot tbh, happy memories :)

Those planets arrived today and I got them in (just about its about 27' here atm) and they sound rather nice :)

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

sweet! glad they are going to a good use. they probibly would have sat in my storage unit for another 3 years
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

They sound pretty good, very very loud.. I would imagine it's because they have kevlar sorta cones so are easy to get to ear splitting levels :)

Theyre definitely a marked improvement over the cack that I had in there before, but I do long for the sound of pulp cardboard tbh.. I like my sound kinda clumpy and heavy hitting...

Ill give the clifs a go, see how that pans out and I will then most probably remove the audiobahn 6x9s from the back and make some plates and put the planets back there :)

Thanks man, kinda ironic that replacements for them came so soon but Its SO nice to have sound back in the front of the car..

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.