ces

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

YaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaay consumerism.

Let's just cozy up to that musical trough of pop, and gluttonize ourselves on music that is essentially what McDonalds is to a burger; processed, fake, mass marketed garbage. Woohoo! It has never tasted so sweet.

Damn, I thought I was crazy, but this video really backed what my instincts were telling me all along... thanks for posting it Brian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Independent music just keeps looking better and better... Go fucking figure.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

Phoenix Gold needs to be kicked in the nuts.... WTF type of display shiet is that? WTF kind of demo vehicle is that?

Your marketing to professional industry people... as in you need dealers and distributers, even reps.... it looks like a first grader put that shiet together...

PG used to mean...

bas arse technology, product, style, looks, esoteric, classy... and bullet proof, this shiet looks like you got a display out of a shop that went out of business, had some clueless moron throw a demo vehicle for you with no talent

look at tyour demo vehicle... what the fuk sets it apart from the rest of the demo vehicles on the floor.... don't look at alpine, they usually dump $250k into a vehicle, and i know that your company was selling for like a mill or something... but shiet.... we need to talk... fire everyone in the marketing dept

here is what they need to realize... the business people first

as they walk through CES....

oh here is PG, they made some bas arse shiet in the past.... they come in and look around at what?

look atthe demo vehicle and see what? that you mastered painting fiberglass 5 years after it was played out?

sure if you had a 15 year old kid running around with a bag looking for handouts... he would think it is cool....

jesus cris.... fuk I don't get it.... it makes me sick, no class, no awe, no demo vehicle worth a fuk....
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Bfowler wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
Paying for a lossy medium in a digital-only format still creeps me out. I don't think I will ever use it.
Yeah, that also turns me off. But the whole online distribution method isn't very effective right now with full CD-quality tracks... (think of the bandwidth!) or even many modern lossless compression formats. I think it's a good idea in general, but I still like owning a physical CD and having access to a high(er) quality version of the recording if I ever need/want it.
even us cd purists are getting the shaft:

http://www.avguide.com/news/2007/01/04/ ... udness-war

you might as well give into the dark side
Yawn... Old news. They've been doing this for years.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/spe ... endsP1.php
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/spe ... endsP2.php
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/spe ... ipping.php
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/spe ... ayback.php

Lots of good reading and links there.
Boomshackalacka
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

Yes hala-funkin-looya ! That ladies and gentlemen was the real JBondox !!!!
Glad you found yourself Sir.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

jbondox wrote: ... but shiet.... we need to talk... fire everyone in the marketing dept

Quoted for Truth. if anyone at PG is reading this:

While i didnt think the Demo car bas as bad as Jbondox made it out to be, (and he has some pretty high expectations) he raises a point many of us have been harping on for a long time. you are seriously out of touch with the current market place. the marketing department there is the single biggest point of failure at PG IMO. there is only one guy one the team that has a clue, and you ignore him.

and that wall of bass....soooo last year (and the year before with xenon.....and the year before with ti.....the year after the xmaxs it probably should have been retired)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

LOL I am here, it is just a nerve that PG likes to touch doing stupid shit! Anyone see the Exile booth?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Lots more pics posted now at the first URL that Brandon posted:

http://www.wtfaudio.com/ces/main.php

There are no new PG pics unfortunately... I guess you guys are on the right track; they may not have been eyecatching. No pics of the Exile booth either.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

LOL... they should just throw in the towel... or sell it to someone that really knows what's up... hell ben can wisper in someones ear at microsoft or something.... think of the tax write off.... :wink:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I dunno man... looking at the pics, it seems like most brands had a pretty mediocre setup. None of the other show cars from similar small name brands were really all that eyecatching either. Not to mention that a lot of product that everyone is jizzing over (e.g. Atomic) seems to be rehashed early 90's stuff. That crossfire "monster truck" was pretty intense though.

The one picture we have of the PG wall actually looks pretty decent, and the showcar is a bit fiberglassy... hell, it's no Alpine, but that's just not a fair comparison for a company this small. I think that carbon-fiberesque paneling in the PG golf is pretty cool, I haven't really seen that before. Plus it looks like the door pulls were relocated to fit the mids in the upper door... that's fairly unique if you ask me. The one downside with the car is it shows how radical the RSD grilles and amp designs are. The whole install is moulded around them, and this is the only way that it looks in place. In your typical setup, they would stick out like a sore thumb.

Anyways, I wouldn't totally discount PG until we see some more pics. I haven't seen the Roadster66 in any decent resolution yet, so let's not totally shoot them down right away.

So far what I am most excited about is the new IDQ V3. I think that will be replacing my IDMax when it comes out, as it is much more appropriate for my power range, and still designed for small boxes, with more output than the V2 (yet the same SQ, apparently).
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

I'm digging the new JL shallow mount 12" and 13.5" subs
Hontzo_MD

Post by Hontzo_MD »

Not to keep beating this to death, but hmm those new JL's are cool looking, I went to their website and got all kinds of info on them. Wild concept.
REALLY!?
"Im not even supposed to be here today!"-Dante Hicks
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

jbondox wrote:I'm digging the new JL shallow mount 12" and 13.5" subs

13.5" woofer w/ a 2.5" mounting depth :shock: :shock: :shock: Well be seeing those in many doors I have feeling
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

That's friggin awesome, no matter how much I dislike JL.
Boomshackalacka
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Lots of new pics up today.

Exile booth: http://www.wtfaudio.com/ces/main.php?g2_itemId=1667
PG booth: http://www.wtfaudio.com/ces/main.php?g2_itemId=2598

You can see the ryval stuff in the background of some pics. Still no roadster 66 pics! For some reason I thought the PG showcar was a golf. I am pleasantly surprised :twisted:

I actually think the PG setup looks quite good in comparison to many other brands. Sure, it's not the best, but the best is coming from brands that probably spend more on toilet paper for all of their staff than PG has as their entire budget.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

stipud, PG is a disappointment again, it doesn't look professional at all .

and damn i am in the midwest, so we are at least 2-3 years behind times... and I notice it...

I love that company but shit... maybe we can have errin point the people out for a public kick in the balls
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

For argument's sake then, could you check through the pictures and give me an example of a similarly small company that is doing it right?
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

jbondox

Post by jbondox »

stipud wrote:For argument's sake then, could you check through the pictures and give me an example of a similarly small company that is doing it right?
it takes for ever to load these pics... so far looking, eclipse had a nice sub display though the sides weren't finished off

I give up...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

jbondox wrote:I give up...
Me too, and that's exactly my point. While the PG booth could have been mindblowing, none of the others are... Hell, I think the PG booth looks a great deal better than most of them, except for the big name brands.
thoraudio

Post by thoraudio »

Arc.

Small company that's doing it right.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

thoraudio wrote:Arc.

Small company that's doing it right.
I'm with you on that one. I loved their cars... but they have ENORMOUS display. Looks like they got a huge budget for CES.

Hell, I thought they had some of the nicest cars in the whole show.
Last edited by stipud on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Well, that's where all the industry people and press are, so you might as well put your best foot forward and impress those people, who in turn will sell it to consumers.
Boomshackalacka
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

All of this thanks/blame to "pimp my ride". It seems to have changed things a bit.
Last edited by AVICJR on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Is Arc Audio the company that Chip Foose has a line of car audio equipment with?