Alpine HU Repair

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Alpine HU Repair

Post by AVICJR »

My Alpine CDA 7998 has been repaired by Tweeter 4 times now. I don't trust their service dept. and was wondering of anyone else I could send it to. The CD pauses in the middle of a song frequently. I could send it back through Tweeter but I believe they have their own service and do the repairs themselves and would rather someone else look at it.

Also, would it be too expensive to send to another repair shop, I bought the extended warranty and have gotten it "repaired" for free each time.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

Call alpine....they have flat rate of $100 something to fix it.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

What I may do also is call Alpine and tell them that Tweeter's repair is not fixing the problem and see if they can help me out as it's still under the extended warranty. Just a thought.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

When you remove the CD's are they hot/warm to the touch?

My last Alpine did this and it was a heat issue.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

I'll check it, I actually don't listen to CD's much 1 because of it being broke and 2 because my CD collection is on my ipod.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

send it to alpine with a money order
of 95.00

send in a good box and inside place a note with a call back number
address to return to and a brief discription of whats wrong.

they will call you and let you know what is up.
i sent a deck the them and they coudnt fix it they paid for shipping back and gave me back my money order.
it took 2 weeks after i sent it for them to call and i sent it the cheapest way from hawaii.

try them out.
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Double box the thing or you might be very sorry. You should see the stock Bose unit that came in today CAVED in in a single box. It had to be run over by a fork lift, it was caved in and crushed like a whel ran into or over it,,, Double box all your shipments. I sent Twisted a pic of his Outlaw the way it arrived. It looked like someone had broke it in half ( in a single box).

Just a FYI from a shop that gets these sort of things everyday, its sick :)
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Thanks everyone for the advice. I actually have a box specifically made to send in HU. Came back like that from one of the many times I've sent it in. It has a foam cutout to place the HU in. I won an Xenon 100.2 once and it was sent in the manufacturers box with a ship to sticker on it. :evil:

I also need to check the CD's to see if there warm (like Errin said).

So then general consensus is saying don't bother with Tweeter anymore and send it in to Alpine direct?
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

I work with a bunch of HU repair guys and they can't spend 6 hours testing and actually listening to each head unit like I do amps.

In fact they set them all up for me to listen to in the high noise area of our shop. I do bass tests at 28 hertz so I don't really blame them for staying away from me and my test area. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But your issue is probably based on this way of testing that ALL shops do. The set them up on a bench, into speakers and plug a cd or dvd into them and listen for 5 minutes and go back the 16 or 20 other units waiting to be torn down and repaired.

Its easy to miss a serious defect this way, but all shops operate this way, especially at $95.00 shpped back to repaired,,, there isn't much margin for a 6 hour manned listening and viewing test. :) :) :) :)