WTF is this thing

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

WTF is this thing

Post by bdubs767 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/V-Rare-U-Dimension- ... dZViewItem

ignore the fact its just1moreamp...

I want to know about the amp, and the real 1moreamp love to hear your thoughts.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

I love amp guts....but I stole this find from thoraudio

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/uDi ... nside1.jpg
the 2 channel

that thing is all flash no meat
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

WOW what a PIMP amp:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
It has no different gutz than any other amp, but they art deco'ed it to look like some older MAC tube equipment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol AND THE PRICE $2500.00 WHAT A STEAL from your wallet.:roll: :roll:

Oh as for the TRUE Thermal balance at 4 ohm ,,, well with a sink as big as that I guess it could run all day at 4 ohms. My MS-275's run all day at 4 ohms mono at 250 watts.:roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: And listen to how perfect his amp is that he is selling. I thought he was looking for the perfect system in his post on SB. WOW, just-one-lie is at it again. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thank you Amp-gutz for showing that that amp has nothing different inside. In fact it pretty much looks like a ordinary class AB amplifier. The wooden side panels make it play cleaner in the dusty trunk of your car :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If any of you have $2500.00 to spend on that amp, I will never speak to you again, becuase you don't need my vision, but you might need a shrink for your ego after you get that amp in the mail and put it in your car :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you say RIP-OFF. Heck even MAC didn't pimp there amps like that..

Oh I see what the big chrome things are, there knobs for the input gains controls PIMPed to look like tube covers :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a con. That amp looks to have about as much power as the old JBL amps, and about the same looking gutz, I wonder if Harmon built that for them?

In the 2 channel version:

It has Hong Kong parts in it, like the power toroid. It has 8 electrolytics in the signal path between the input and the amp stages with what appears to be 2 WIMAs in the feedback loop for the main amp.

lots of glue and RTV inside.

Oh and check out the amp-gutz pic. it shows you what the wooden panels look like after being in your car for a while (all scratched up)

All in all I would expect to see this sort of FAKE amp at the Flea market here in San Jose. And if you buy the line of BS that Just-one-more-lie is pumping, well shame on you :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

lol....when I first posted it I was really like WTF is that thing, why I ask for you as i thought you might know wtf it was. I couldnt understand why a 2500 amp would have a pink fuse chilling right there in the front. Wasn't sure what to think, until I found the ampguts via thor....then the truth came out.

I just want to know wtf those silver things are....conduct electricity from lighting blots.
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

There gain control KNOBS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

1moreamp wrote:There gain control KNOBS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I liked my theory better
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

1moreamp wrote:There gain control KNOBS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh man are you serious???

Scam of the century.
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Yes this is serious BLING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chromed nipples for knobs :lol: :lol: :lol:
BH
Wretched Simmons

Post by BH »

It couldn't have costed that much new... Do you really expect someone to buy it?

Thats really funny that you can see the mongrel dog pots that head through the board to the giant knobs. They sure were skimpy w/ stiffening in that thing and hopefully those are some healthy transistors in there too cause they certainly didn't leave many in there for load sharing... Although I don'tk know how big that amp in the amp guts photo is but 2 up 2 down seems small. At least it looks like a two sided board. Its not a complete Chinese POS. I'm sure its not a terrible amp but I find it really cheap that they tried to make the knobs look like tubes. I find a hard time believing the cost though.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Actually the MASA amp was a subsidary amp with the parent company of Focal, they are french not Japanese as dickfor has listed.

The Masa Forte is truly a tube amp and not just bling the pic on ampguts is of a different model by the looks. The Forte' is a nice amp but nice is only worth so much, it retailed near $1800 last time I saw one. But really was not worht it in my opinion, I saw it more as a status item.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

VW337 wrote:Actually the MASA amp was a subsidary amp with the parent company of Focal, they are french not Japanese as dickfor has listed.

The Masa Forte is truly a tube amp and not just bling the pic on ampguts is of a different model by the looks. The Forte' is a nice amp but nice is only worth so much, it retailed near $1800 last time I saw one. But really was not worht it in my opinion, I saw it more as a status item.
Thank you , your correct those are tube covers i guess but i don't see the power supply for the tubes anywhere?? So maybe the one on amp-guts is not a true repreesntation of that amp. But still i see very little inside to justify the money that guy is asking for it.
It would be cheaper to buy a butler line driver and bypass all the frontend to achieve the same thing.

If those are tube covers they are going to cause the tube to overheat, last time i checked tubes need to be ventialted for heat control.
Thank you VW for your making me look twice :) :) :)

No wonder why folks want you for president :) :) :) :)
BH
Wretched Simmons

Post by BH »

Its highly doubtful that its really a tube amp. The tubes are probably only on the input side. I'm sure if they are actually using those tubes that they have them barely turned on because once you get them up higher in their curve you start running into failure because they are being moved too much and also would probably have a microphonics problem with a tube output stage in a car.
thoraudio

Post by thoraudio »

I don't think those are tube covers..... the amp listed on amp guts has those 'covers' as well.... and they are just gain knobs.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I'm with thor and 1more on this one too. Those seriously look like gain knobs to me. The image on ampguts looks to be a 2 channel version of the 4channel that he is selling. You can even see the pot on the board exactly where the "tube" would be located. Just use the RCAs on the front for reference.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

justonemoreamp looks like a knob to me.

Where the fuck does he come up with the shit he spouts?
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

OK Petey the Sexual Harassment Panda investigates.

Here in pic one we see the nice shiny vibrator ends that have been added to this amp. Hey, at least when youre in the dog house you can give them to the wife/bird/fat ride and let her stick one in each hole.

Now when you go inside the amp you will see here that there are no tube, only a couple of fat pots that are obviously gain controls.

And so I conclude, justonemoreamp is a deluxe douche and someone needs to go to his house and do an 'upper decker' in his toilet by lifting off the sistern cover and pinching off a loaf in the top. Then replace the lid and watch him flush brown smelly water for months to come !
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

See, even Pandy can see that he's taking the piss.

All I have to say to justonemoreamp is...
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

OK , OK I still don't see any tubes anywhere. or any power supply for a single tube. So I'm guessing that this one is all Solid State (No tubes).

I furthermore see little or know difference in the one that jack-off is pimping on E-bay.
So at this point I don't get it. I mean why do these people think thay have something special here.

I can only guess that this company built and sold a Flagship amp somewhere in its history, BUT these are not that amp. In fact I also guess that these 2 amps are related and similar in all aspects, BUT they are not, the flagship Audiophile amp that Eerin was talking about.

At least this is the only way any of this makes any sense to me. So justonemorepimp has again out done himself in just how far he will BS to try and get someones money.

I also agree with Eerin that these had to be status symbols for amps (i.e. Like look at me and how foolish I am with my money that I have...etc...)

I can't help feel that these amps are a lower grade "look-A-like" of their flagship amplifier that they built and sold for big bucks.

The real disappointment is the fact that they marketed this product to look like their high-end stuff. I mean its not a bad amp, but just not a flagship and neither does the deco appearence appeal to my sense of value. In fact thats why I stated earlier that it looked like a flea market knockoff.

I have a thing against companies that fake the public out with this sort of marketing. I mean do you see PG doing this sort of thing. And most solid amp companies would not resort to this sort of deception.

And then you add Justonemorerip-off and the picture just looks so complete.

I posted this after downloading all available pics and then blowing them up to 400% and studying every inch of the visable circuitry, and then comparing what I have seen in countless other amps over the years, AND

I just don't see what the whoop-la is all about, as far as these two amps are concerned. In fact they still remind me of the very early deco desgined JBL amps inside. No biggy...

To my friends that trust me, and respect my honesty, I just don't see it. Don't be decieved by packaging. This is just another amp, Solid state, NO tubes, and pretty much run of the mill. And most definitly its not a product to compare to PG. PG does not deco their products falsely like this.
Thank God, and Amen

Thanks for listening to my rants :) :) :) :) :) and please buy wisely, after all its your money...
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Thank's Cecil. Looking out for us stoned guys.
Boomshackalacka
1moreamp
NOT justonemoreamp

Post by 1moreamp »

Don't bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THX the Huch-A- bucker :D :D :D