This ought to be loud...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

This ought to be loud...

Post by Jacampb2 »

My Cerwin Vega Strokers just showed up. Thank God for ebay! I found these old school gems for sale for $190 each, shipped. Brand new, in original packaging. I am sure there are newer, louder subs out there, but IMO old school don't get much better than this!

Anyhow, most of you have read my introduction thread and know my intentions, these are all going in the back of a ford bronco. I will be running all PG amps, and probably all PG ZP interconnects if I still have enough in my boxes of goodies. Once I get it off the ground, I will share the install with all of you as well.

The only thing I did not account for, is the subs are dual 2ohm coils. I did not realize that CV ever made the old school strokers in dual 2 ohm configuration. The date on the subs is 2000, and I guess I didn't realize they made this style stroker for that long either. No biggie in the end, it will allow more wiring flexibility.

So, here are the pics of the new additions to my collection...

Later,
Jason
kg1961
Got wood?

sub!!!

Post by kg1961 »

good luck nice subs
they like a lot more than !000 watts
I am useing a old HCCA Orion 10 from 2000 love it
only have 3 hours on it
can't wait to install my frank m2125 side and see how it runs!!
I am runnning all old school. I think they sound the best
just my 2 cents worth!!
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
SolacE

Post by SolacE »

Man I had a dual 2 15" version in the back of a probe one time and it was painful. Had a mmats amp on it back in the day (dont remember which one). Had to have been back in 1996.
[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/solaceravr/Misc/CopCar.jpg[/img]
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

:shock: WOW!
Love those subs; they were absolutely not affordable at the time I could have used them :cry:
You'll have some fun for sure..... be carefull with your ears though :wink:
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Ohh....

That was a nice catch !!!

Wish it was me :cry:
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
trckydve

Post by trckydve »

WOW!! Great find!!

Those are some of my all time favorite subs!
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

10+ year old subs brand new in box.. Thats crazy. Nice find! I miss getting loud.. :evil:
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

Yeah, I miss getting loud too.

I find in my old age (Turned 30 last august) that I will hear some snotty kid go boomin' down the road, and think, I wish he'd turn that crap down, he's gonna wake my kids...

I don't typically have the bass cranked non stop like I did when I was a kid. My current system will jam though, and I find a lot of times I just want to rock for a bit. It is always nice to have it there, even if you don't use it all the time. And it will be fun to put the little kids to shame at a stop light :D

The setup in the bronco is going to include 5.1 dds for those on the road movies, so the subs will be cool for that too :)

I have had a saved ebay search set up for the last 3 months watching for O/S strokers. I saw one set of beat to hell 15d4's go through for $400 BIN and then the next set of o/s ones to go through were these. The guy is selling overstock from somewhere and drop shipping them. He had 8 12's for sale when I bought these, and 4 15's. Might still have some subs if other are looking. His ebay user name is tempo5ohe.

Later,
Jason
maxxsq

Post by maxxsq »

Jacampb2 wrote:The guy is selling overstock from somewhere and drop shipping them. He had 8 12's for sale when I bought these, and 4 15's. Might still have some subs if other are looking. His ebay user name is tempo5ohe.

Later,
Jason
I am bidding for 2 Stroker 12D2's there too.
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Jacampb2 wrote: I find in my old age (Turned 30 last august)
Yeah, you old, decrepit bastard.........

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......