Bass Shakers/Bass Engines - Are These Any Good?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Tone

Bass Shakers/Bass Engines - Are These Any Good?

Post by Tone »

Are bass shakers a good idea for car audio? It seems many people use them for their surround sound setups and I've seen a number of ads for new Aura Bass Shakers which look the same as the discontinued Alpine Bass Engines. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them?
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i have one attached to my home office chair. it works ok. its loud (the actual motor) so it really isnt suitable for anything but used in conjunction with headphones.

if bass was a SUPER premium i would say try it, but i think even a RSD 6.5 in a box with a LP signal would be a better choice.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Tone

Post by Tone »

I would like to put 10s under my seats like I saw in a truck once, but any speakers under the seats would not be possible due to space limitations. So I am gonna try a pair of these these bad boys with my ZPA system that has 2 12" subs already - need more bass...
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

hmm...need more bass? They are mainly just for the effect of bass...hence why they are called bass "shakers"....they shake your chair/seat....that's about it...
Tone

Post by Tone »

I think you're right - so hopefully it gives me more of the effect of a pair of 10s firing directly against the seat (like in my old Chev regular cab that only had a pair of 10s running off one side of a ZX450 - the bass that vibrated the seat made it seem so much more powerful and the effect gave it another dimension as well). I guess I'll find out soon enough... :roll: