Opinions Please: Xenon or XS Series...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
J.Wright

Opinions Please: Xenon or XS Series...

Post by J.Wright »

OK... I need you expert opinions...

I have the choice of either a BNIB XS6600 or a BNIB Zenon 200.4, either will work for my system plans.

All things being equal, which PG amplifier would you choose and why.

Thanks !

J
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

depends on what you want.. with the xenon if you're running a woofer.. you'll bridge the rear channels and just have one set for fronts.. unless you wanna run rear speakers also atta two ohm load and not be able to fade front to back.. with the xs you'll have a little less power for woofer and for speakers.. but have the flexibility to fade front to back having a 4chan plus a 2chan for woofer. so it kinda depends on the speakers you have and the power they demand.. ??
Have no fear, only uncertainty!
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Xenon will produce nearly 1000 watts total, which gives you about 400 more watts. Plus the xover on the Xenon's is one of the best ever.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I would personally go with the Xenon. The crossover points are continuously variable via the top mounted controls whereas the XS amp is going to require changing out the RNET chips if you want a different crossover point. Not to mention that the X200.4 has more power than the XS6600. I do love the look of the XS amps though, sexy and subtle.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
J.Wright

Post by J.Wright »

Can the Xenon amplifiers be used without the covers ? It does not look like they have any function related to heat dispersion... just a cover...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Yes, the Zenon's can.........ask Brian.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
J.Wright

Post by J.Wright »

Brian... What is his screen name...?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Yep, a few people have run them under plexiglass already. The heat sink is all on the bottom of the amp. Just make sure your plexi still has an air hole for the fans :)

I would take the X200.4 as well. 200 watts for front stage + 400 watts for a sub is pretty much perfect.
gentlejax2

Post by gentlejax2 »

I agree.....I have a few 200.2's now but am considering changing to a 200.4 so I can have more options and not have as much wiring everywhere....

build wise I think the Xenon wins hands down.....correct me if I am wrong...
99 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo
J.Wright

Post by J.Wright »

Let's throw the Zuki Eleets into the mix...

Which would you choose ?
gentlejax2

Post by gentlejax2 »

if you want an eleet let me know...I know where one is at a price you most likely cant beat....pm me
99 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

This may help your decision...

http://www.soundbuggy.com/Eric/Car%20Au ... index.html
http://www.soundbuggy.com/Eric/Car%20Au ... index.html

I would personally take the X200.4 over an Eleet as well, but I would take the Eleet over the XS. Between the X200.4 and Eleet I am VERY close, so either way you go you should enjoy it.
denim

Post by denim »

Xenon. :)
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

J.Wright wrote:Brian... What is his screen name...?
thats me.

yep, you can take off the cover and black end caps (end caps require a odd sized hex key. those screws ARE IN THERE TIGHT, so if your keys dont fit correct, dont try and force it, you WILL strip them.

i have a "maxima install part II" thread in the install section with some pictures.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
J.Wright

Post by J.Wright »

Brian,

That looks wonderful... I'm seriously looking at using the X200.4 for my system... Any suggestions ?