Good setup?? or any suggestions...

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
seandiguer

Good setup?? or any suggestions...

Post by seandiguer »

So my best friend wants me to put a stereo in his 1997 maxima. I figured since i love the phoenix gold, thats what i would use. He doesnt want anything to crazy, just a clean sounding system and he has a $1000.00 budget..

Eclipse navigation dvd player with 5 volt pre outs. Thats 400bucks there. so im left with 600 for the rest.

this is what i came up with...
- xenon 200.4 $200.00 used
- rdscs 6.5 components for the front. $80.00
- rdsc10 sub $150
- rds 6.5 coax for the rear running off the deck. $50.00
- 4 gauge wire, rca cables, fuse holder, battery post ends,materials for box and dynamat i allready have. so thats not in my budget.

Would you suggest anything else? or doing anything differently? line driver? eq? cap? different amp? etc. Will half of the 200.4 be enough for the sub?.. remember were getting old and no longer need the booming bass, but clean sound..lol.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Definitely look into a line driver as well. That amp should be fine to power everything, if not he can always add a X400.1 for cheap later on. He can probably even go with a 12" RSd sub now instead of the 10".

Looks good on paper.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

yeah, that should work. check out the install section, there are a couple other maxima installs
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...