Stolen Gear Registry

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Stolen Gear Registry

Post by stipud »

Have you had an amp stolen? Do you know the serial number? Got pics? Know who might have done it? Where was it stolen?

Give us as much information as possible, and who knows, we may actually find something... ;)
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

I had 2 M50's, one was stolen the other I sold with the box. so this is the number off the box I still have, M508004.
lets see what comes up :Dmine was stolen from Chilliwack,bc
Last edited by oldskoolmseriesfan on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy »

I also had an M50 stolen. It was years ago, in Surrey of all places. I have the receipt that I could dig up, it had the serial #M500815. It's not rare enough for some thief to take care of it so it's probably long since been fried. You never know though.

Jason
Sweedenhouse

Post by Sweedenhouse »

I just recently had my stuff stolen. Friday night 1-30-09, someone came to my house and broke into my car in my driveway.
I had some pretty rare equipment in there, an MPS-2500, and MPS-2240. The EQ and subs, and deck make me mad too, but not as much as these amps.
I had them for over 14 years, and now they're gone. Insurance is going to help cover some costs, but I'll never be able to replace those. Not only were those amps kick ass, but they had a lot of memories, and sentimental value. :(
I live Beaverton, Or, so if you see someone sporting these amps recently, chances are they're mine. So please kick them in the nuts as hard as you can, and drop me a PM. Thanks.
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

hey, there were these 2 idiot kids out of fla that stole a guys system, he kept an eye on his local craigslist, saw it, called the cops, they set up a sting and NAILED THEIR ASSES! definetly report it, if they dont use it , I GUARANTEE itll show up on a craiglists, ebay, so get as much info as u can together and make a local police report, it may very well be worth ur time( I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THIS, id rather they BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ME-(usually i put my intials very small someplace on my items too-only i know what-where they are) :wink: < than to take what ive worked soo hard for-(im glad our garage door weighs over 3000lbs+is 2 car -GOOD LUCK/BEST WISHES
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
neverman

Post by neverman »

I had my whole system stolen, well the trunk part anyway. Two ZPA0.5's and my ZPX2. A couple caps, my cd changer and power distribution plus my custom panels that spelled out M3.

At the time a stereo shop from another town got a hold of me, told me two guys were trying to sell them some used gear. This was 10 years ago, not sure if Craigslist was invented :) These two bastards even showed off my M3 panel to the shop guys. Little did they know I had bought my seperates and head unit from this very shop. I got my PG stuff from PG (many thanks even after all these years!) TWICE!!!!!

Anyway, I do the decent thing instead of chasing them down with some friends and doing the beatdown. Then again they knew where I lived. So anyway, I call the cops to add to my crime report that I "KNOW" who stole my stuff and that the stereo shop would work with them to say they had found a "buyer". Long story short, the cops INSTEAD walk up to one of the kids houses, knock on the door and ask, "Hey, did you and your friend steal a car stereo from your neighbor?" The kid probably shitting a brick answers "no sir" and that's as far as the investigation goes.

I've been pissed for a decade now. Luckily insurance covered it although it was hard to process the claim as I didn't have costs broken out due to PG assistance. I'm so glad the install shop took pictures. Sadly, the system... even with the exact same components in it, set up by the same guy, never sounded quite right. If my new ZPX2 fixes a decade long sound issue I'll be kicking myself for sure.

I still to this day have that pair of kids names... I hope I never run into them and realize it.
95' M3
Alpine iDA-X305
iPod Classic (120GB ~10k songs)
PG TBAt2 line Driver
PG ZPX2 Active Crossover (x2 1ea.)
PG ZPA0.5 v2 (x2 Black)
Diamond Hex 6.5 (eton), silk tweeters (rear fill 5.25's @-8db)
Soundstream SS-10's (2) in a sealed box
Sweedenhouse

Post by Sweedenhouse »

Oh man, I don't know what to think here guys. I been checkin craigslist everyday, and now this just popped up.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ele/1036914337.html

Vancouver is like 30 minutes north of me, and what are the chances right? Well I sent him a "random" e-mail just inquiring a little about the amps, and he replied back with a fairly legit answer I think. This is one hell of a coincindence if it's legit. Here's his reply, what do ya'll think? Shit maybe he's a member here, no offense if he is, and is legit, I'm just still really bummed :(

I bought the amps new somewhere between ’91-’93, do not remember exactly, was running in the IASCA 101-250 pro class up and down the west coast at the time. Amps were mounted upside down with the back covers taken off in a vented rack. The 2500 was powering 3 tens, 2240 was doing the rest, 3 way setup in front and mid/high in rear, do not remember what they were running, sorry. They were butted up together to make it look like one amp. Somewhere in moving the boxes got thrown away that had the cover plates on them. In the late ‘90s both amps went back to PG to have a “check up” and were given a good bill of health. I had them in another car after that but sold the car and kept the amps, that was probably around ’00. Since then amps have followed me around and never had a car worthy of installing them in again. Make an offer, of all the amps these I think are the best and I have not seen any of these on auction or for sale so I do not have any baseline for a price, was just hoping to sell the whole lot.

Jon Britt

Angler's Workshop

P.O.B 1910

Woodland, WA 98674

Phone: 360-225-9445

Fax: 800-278-1069

www.anglersworkshop.com
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I don't know many theifs that will have the original box that the bandit would come in...... It looks good to me.
Sweedenhouse

Post by Sweedenhouse »

I know right? And his reply was intelligent, he knows what he's talking about. Arrgggh!
It's just in that picture, that's pretty much how I had my 2500 and 2240 mounted too. We both must of just had good taste in amps.
neverman

Post by neverman »

Yeah he seems pretty legit. Unless that's YOUR mounting board as well... then I'd be all over him.
95' M3
Alpine iDA-X305
iPod Classic (120GB ~10k songs)
PG TBAt2 line Driver
PG ZPX2 Active Crossover (x2 1ea.)
PG ZPA0.5 v2 (x2 Black)
Diamond Hex 6.5 (eton), silk tweeters (rear fill 5.25's @-8db)
Soundstream SS-10's (2) in a sealed box
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

About 4-5 months ago, I had my Orion 2250XTR "The Beast" stolen from me....it is very easy to identify....I have it's twin and both of them have been modified

The Orion 2250XTR will have a fan that lights up blue, and will have silver plated speaker wire for the speaker outputs.....it also has a small knob near the power and ground terminals that controls the fan speed...
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

uhm. I just noticed phoenix gold was stolen by rodin... if anyone sees it please contact me... BTW I herd some other news about PG... anyone else here hear anything? I don't want to be the bearer of this news...
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

R O F L

hahahahaha oh god. thats why i miss havin you around.

yeah...i heard some bad stuff too...and noticed a severe lack of personnel there...
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

It sucks coming here, like a trip down memory lane, and knowing that we have an impostor posing as something it isn't (rodin/pg)

Hypothetically, if it was purchased by another outsourcing company what would you think? rodin all over....
James Shields

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

Well PG was stolen again... Aamp... :roll:

with all the thieving pretty we are going to have a pyramid amp in a left over PG chassis :(
James Shields

vipka9

DAMN

Post by vipka9 »

stolen outlaw #909... stolen yesterday.. from work.. please if anyone seen this amp please pm me!! one of the screws on the channels is missing and has been drilled a little bigger then the normal screw! if anyone sees this amp craigslist or any please watch out!!!

seattle wa,

Downtown Macys Public parking complex,

anodize blue color!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

didn't realize that as the washington flag....

Sorry to hear your stuff was stolen, especially an outlaw. Did you have an alarm?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vipka9

Post by vipka9 »

yeah i did.. i guess the security gaurds dont do there job there.. and sorry about that flag i clicked it and didnt really think about it
davidtemple

Post by davidtemple »

Damn I hate when someone steals car audio. here in Kentucky theft isn't too bad near me but most around here sport JL, NAK, McIntosh, Alpine, Linear Power and JBL.
ttocs

Re:

Post by ttocs »

vipka9 wrote:yeah i did.. i guess the security gaurds dont do there job there.. and sorry about that flag i clicked it and didnt really think about it

I would be considering upgrading the alarm or the sirens at least. I would not go without a 2-way alarm myself and if you want to get someone attention add a mechanical siren, and an interior siren also known as a pain generator.
Food4Woofers

Re: Stolen Gear Registry

Post by Food4Woofers »

Back in the early to mid 90s the "In" thing was talking proximity alarms. You would walk next to a car or truck and it would say "PLEASE Step AWAY" LOL
You could change the sensitivity to the proximity so it would only go off if someone touched the car or if you wanted it would go off if a leaf would fall next to it.

These days I dont see not one of these alarms.
What happened?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

they are still used, installed more then a few but mostly in convertables. If you do get one, be sure to get one that has the ability to disable it through the remote as there are many times they are more harm then good.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I had a car chirp at me while we were in Hawai'i… as I DROVE by it. I would say that one was configured to be fairly sensitive.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I had one in my truck for years just because I liked to leave my windows down here/there. The would false from all kinds of things from trees above your car to heat waves in your car. Eventually I grew tired of jumping to to see my truck chirp the last time as nothing was around it.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

do you guys remember the terminator and robocop themed ones...."citizen, you are to close to the vehicle! please step away from the vehicle"
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...