Mustang install question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
diamondstar

Mustang install question

Post by diamondstar »

I have a 2004 Mustang with the mach 460 stereo system. I am trying to install a system using the stock rear speakers, RSD65cs fronts powered by a Tantrum 250.2 and a RSDc10 powered by a Xenon 600.1. I have a JL clean sweep to install to get a decent sound from the head unit. The mach system has 3 amps. One for the fronts and one for each rear speaker. The question is do I want to feed the clean sweep signal before the amp, thereby eliminating it, or after the amp? Also, I read online that the head unit does all the signal processing and before I even installed the speakers or anything I can hear it making drastic changes on lows and highs when you increase volume or certain notes play on the radio. How much of this does the clean sweep fix? Any advice would be great.. Thanks !
STROKD

Re: Mustang install question

Post by STROKD »

diamondstar wrote:I have a 2004 Mustang with the mach 460 stereo system. I am trying to install a system using the stock rear speakers, RSD65cs fronts powered by a Tantrum 250.2 and a RSDc10 powered by a Xenon 600.1. I have a JL clean sweep to install to get a decent sound from the head unit. The mach system has 3 amps. One for the fronts and one for each rear speaker. The question is do I want to feed the clean sweep signal before the amp, thereby eliminating it, or after the amp? Also, I read online that the head unit does all the signal processing and before I even installed the speakers or anything I can hear it making drastic changes on lows and highs when you increase volume or certain notes play on the radio. How much of this does the clean sweep fix? Any advice would be great.. Thanks !
dude, i have the same year and stereo. Its a HUGE mess... the only way to really do it right is take it all out. :oops: You can use the rear speakers, but I would run sep wires to them instead of through the factor wiring... the front amp under the radio runs the front and rear tweeters, and the amps in the back run the front and back mid speakers... :roll: Ford really screwed the pooch on coming up with such a lame ass sorry sounding setup. :x To answer your question, I would run the clean sweep AFTER the crappy stock amps, so you arent feeding a signal into an amp and then amping your after market amps which would sound terrible. :shock:
FAS#73 & AX406A#73/Frank'd EQ230
BNIB MS2250 w/ shroud, 2 MS2250TAs, MS275, MQ430
2 Ti1200.1s, 2 ZX475Tis, Ti500.4, DD10, 6 Powercores
5 Orion 2100, 1 250 - HCCA Digital Ref. v2
6 Alpine 3558 Class A's - for sale
Alpine DigiMax system complete for sale
diamondstar

Post by diamondstar »

I read for a few more hours after I posted and I found out how all that works. I think im going to bite the bullet and install an aftermarket head unit. Then use the stock amps for the rear low freq. speakers and amp everything else. What a pain in the ass... Any suggestions on head units I dont want anything too fancy and I need it to be green to match everything else.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I am just in time. I have a 94 gt and first replaced the deck and did some tweeking to make it sound better. The mach system has a couple of funny numbers in it but it is not too big a deal. I cover how to integrate into the mach system on page 2 of my cardomain page, ride #2395420. I'll try and remember to check back here but I am not on here regularly
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

diamondstar wrote:I read for a few more hours after I posted and I found out how all that works. I think im going to bite the bullet and install an aftermarket head unit. Then use the stock amps for the rear low freq. speakers and amp everything else. What a pain in the ass... Any suggestions on head units I dont want anything too fancy and I need it to be green to match everything else.
Sure here is a pic of mine... It looks FACTORY, and works very nice... I'd go Alpine IVA-W505 all the way. Mine is an older W200, but basically the same. :D

FAS#73 & AX406A#73/Frank'd EQ230
BNIB MS2250 w/ shroud, 2 MS2250TAs, MS275, MQ430
2 Ti1200.1s, 2 ZX475Tis, Ti500.4, DD10, 6 Powercores
5 Orion 2100, 1 250 - HCCA Digital Ref. v2
6 Alpine 3558 Class A's - for sale
Alpine DigiMax system complete for sale