would you do it?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

would you do it?

Post by ttocs »

I am installing my octane in a 97 ranger extended cab. I have taken the buckets and the consol out of an explorer, as well as the over head consol. The overhead has a digital compas and thermometer that tells the outside temp via a 10k thermistor. If I could mount another thermistor(I have a few) on the amps heatsink It would not be too hard to put in a switch on the consol so that I could toggle between the outside temp and the amps temp. I would not do anything to the amp that would be perminant so I would need to figure out a way to clip it on and run the wires out the side but I think I could do it. As long as the wires were black you would not see anything the way I am planning on mounting it, and I am going to open it up this comming week to replace the leds so, would you do it?
Grim0013

Post by Grim0013 »

Sounds like a pretty cool idea.
Octane Limited Edition (maybe for sale soon)
MS2125TA MS2250TA (Thanks Wakeup)
MS2125 x 2 (white, need caps)
MS275 (Burr Browns and fresh caps - Thanks, Matt)
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'd get rid of the temp gauges and put an RMD or 2 in there. 8) :thumbs:

What amp is it??????? Octane LE right?????
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am doing the RMD as well, I already have it :)

Yes it is the LE octane. I was thinking about it last night and I think it would be as simple as wire tying the thermistor(thermal resistor looks just like a resistor) to one of the heat sinkes and running the wires out the top/side of the mesh with a hrns to connect to. I can always remove it later.

Now that I think of it, I might put the RMD leds up in the digital display to make a small monitoring center that can tell me temp and voltage at a glance.
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

pics, pics , pics pics :D
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

when I get the leds in and the amp apart I will take a few pics. I think I have it worked out in my head.

Today I started the wiring but upgrading the factory power wires to 0 awg and some new battery terminals to go with the wire. I made a panal to hold the 3 fuse holders on that goes right next to the battery to clean things up. Tomorrow I will run the 0 awg from the fuse holder under the hood to the dist block.

Tomorow I will run the wire from the fuse holder to the dist block. I just finished flush mounting the dist block(with digital display)in the front of the consol, right next to the bass cube controls. I think it came out pretty slick but I have just not taken pics yet.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

here is a few to tease you.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3237206
kg1961
Got wood?

install

Post by kg1961 »

looks good
can't wait to see the rest
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I don't suppose anyone would know if you can order new stickers for the R-link leds?
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I might have one laying around. I'll check.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have 2 basscube stickers of course since I am not using them....