Time for a redo

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
GX3

Time for a redo

Post by GX3 »

Looking for input on my system let me know what you think.

HU is a pioneer DEHP800PSR (5v out) (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA ... H-P800PRS)

do i use the onboard Xover and eq or go with my TLD66 eq215 and Zapco SLX4 (x-over)

All speakers are Orion Nt 2 pair of 6.5" and a set of 4" and 1" in the dash
I have 2 MS275 (maybe a 3rd if i win it on the bay) 3 MPS2240, 2125TA, MAC200, 2125TA, and a ZPA .3 At my disposal to use

For subs i have on the way 2 rsdc 12D2 with 2 MS 2250TAs
ported or sealed?????? i have always done sealed with the exception of my HCCAs back in the day..... i dont know the RDSCs

Looking in to a high output alternator....... i may have to have it rebuilt ...... not having any luck finding something any GM guys around???? its a 02 Pontiac Aztek
Last edited by GX3 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bogart

Post by bogart »

I went through the same hunt for an alternator for my intreped last year and I had to have it ordered from bosch. Some cars it is easy to find...mine wasnt and I doubt that yours will be either for that car. I paid 750 for a 280amp beast but couldn't get it in myself as it was a great deal larger then stock and nothing lined up....by the time it was done I had 1300 into it and I got it back regulated at 13.8...pissed me off.

Not easy like a truck or even a van...what kind of power are you looking for? If you are looking to stay under 150amps you ought to find something at a decent price but I've never seen anything like that...could have someone that knows there stuff rewind the stock and run a smaller pully so that it keeps the rpms up on the alt....cheap route and it works but your fuel efficency drops and the alt won't last quite as long
mmmadog

Post by mmmadog »

Try motorcityremanufacturing. or mcr.
GX3

Post by GX3 »

]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went through the same hunt for an alternator for my intreped last year and I had to have it ordered from bosch. Some cars it is easy to find...mine wasnt and I doubt that yours will be either for that car. I paid 750 for a 280amp beast but couldn't get it in myself as it was a great deal larger then stock and nothing lined up....by the time it was done I had 1300 into it and I got it back regulated at 13.8...pissed me off.

Not easy like a truck or even a van...what kind of power are you looking for? If you are looking to stay under 150amps you ought to find something at a decent price but I've never seen anything like that...could have someone that knows there stuff rewind the stock and run a smaller pully so that it keeps the rpms up on the alt....cheap route and it works but your fuel efficency drops and the alt won't last quite as long

I’m looking for something around the 200 amp area. I have a 220 in my last car and never had a problem it was a direct replacement from Ohio Generator it was so nice but $650

mmmadog wrote:Try motorcityremanufacturing. or mcr.
nice they have a 200 for around $421 :D :D :D :D now i just need to save up
thedeal7235

Post by thedeal7235 »

see if mgreen still has any of the pg alts.-i had onelong time back in the day, and it fit stock right on a camaro-good luck
as she walked out the door she expressed, 'enjoy your amp addiction'
bogart

Post by bogart »

I sold him one awhile back for a gm...but all tht adapters were gone...may still have it
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

One sub per MS2250TA?? :shock: Wow, I was thinking about running one for the pair.
bogart

Post by bogart »

what r u gonna run for subs...rsdc's....man that is a lot of power for those. You could run four of em with those ms 2250s. I've run some pretty big subs off of an ms1k. They will take it I beleive, I heard a d2 running on an exl1200.1 at one ohm and it ran like no ones business...a/b power is a lot diferent though...I've got an rsdc coming I beleive so I'll get to put it through its paces on the bench and see whats what....

real alts have proven to be the most costly component in most cars that Ive done...then you add the batteries and all the wire...twice what I've got into amps...sometimes not speakers...but it is painfull none the less
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Are you going 3-way active? or 4" + tweeters passive and active for the midbass?

My suggestions:
Active:
MS275 - tweets
MS275 - mids
MS2125 - MBs
MS2250 - for both subs.
The Zapco xover will be useful since the pioneer only has filtering for 2 way + sub. However, in this case you're not really using the Pioneer's features to its full potential.

Passive:
MS2125 - mid/tweet
MS2125 - MBs
MS2250 - subs
If you go this route, obviously you'll be able to utilize the pioneer's onboard xover. I would ditch the Zapco xover all together.

In either situations, I would try the system with and without the TLD66.

You really want to power each RSDc with its own 2250 :shock: :shock: :shock:
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

bogart wrote:what r u gonna run for subs...rsdc's....man that is a lot of power for those. You could run four of em with those ms 2250s.
That's what I was thinking as well. 1 per may be a bit of overkill.
drivingdadevil

Post by drivingdadevil »

You should checkout excessive amperage for a high output alt. I think they carry alot of Pontiac HO Alts.
GX3

Post by GX3 »

Thanks every one :D :D :D :D

I was thinking of using a passive for the tweeters that's if i don't use the SLX4. I like the idea of using the HU for all the on board features. so I think i will go that way.

As for the subs looks like i need 2 more :D :D :D but not right away so i guess ill cut the one 2250 for now but have a place worked out for it in the rack.

As for the Alt I will start looking in to the places you all have suggested.

First things first I need to pull a few amps apart put an order in for caps and send some things off to power coat. Pull whats left of the old system and rework a few things in there...... stay tuned
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Oh ya.....I still need to take pics of that NT sub for ya...so sorry...gosh..my brain is not working....

will work on that in a bit.
GX3

Post by GX3 »

Wakeup wrote:Oh ya.....I still need to take pics of that NT sub for ya...so sorry...gosh..my brain is not working....

will work on that in a bit.
cool let me know :D :D
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Pulled it out of the box...will take pictures when everyone is off to bed...

It's SVC....
GX3

Post by GX3 »

Ok maybe not going to be using the rdsc i just bought ........... all speakers might end up being NTs :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

:)

BTW it looks minty!
little dusty...but is minty for sure.
little bit of dust and MAYBE scratches on the magnet bottom sitting on the ground...but other than that she looks to be in GREAT condition. I had very low use on this puppy...I would say....about 4 or 5 months of use....using less than adequate power....400 watts on a 1k sub.
Pulled it out in favor of my new (at that time....probably in 2000 or 2001...) for a Cerwin Vega Stroker 15".

Anyway I am the original owner and she still runs like a clock!
pictures soon!
GX3

Post by GX3 »

il have to check them out in the AM im off to bed ......... let me know what you will want for it ...... hopefully i can do it right away or we can work some thing out
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

OK...pictures here we go:

Some info for ya:
http://www.thielesmall.com/include/deta ... 63&dtype=1

Let me know if you need more pictures. Thought that those pictures displayed everything precisely. I'd like 165+ship.