Phoenix Gold RSD 10's (new buyer here) Advice & JL opinions

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
Pharker1988

Phoenix Gold RSD 10's (new buyer here) Advice & JL opinions

Post by Pharker1988 »

Hi there, I just registered to this site because i just recently used a pair of 12" Octane R's and was impressed.. So down to the biz....... I have a JL 500/1 amp that i would like to use on my future set up- I was told Phoenix Gold drivers and JL amps are a match made in heaven.. So im looking into the only 10's i could find (and have been looking at for 1 year) RSd10 heres the link http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio ... Rsd10.aspx ---- I would like some opnions on them from you guys- Are they good?? I watch a few vids of them on youtube in 1 cube boxes and looked like they sound pretty good :shock: .... Also, Is the JL and Phoenix Gold match up true? THANKS ---------

PS-Where can i find the Displacement of the woofers
todd217

Re: Phoenix Gold RSD 10's (new buyer here) Advice & JL opini

Post by todd217 »

the jl pg thing is news to me and imo the jl does not hold a candle to most pg amps. if you want 12s there was a member selling a pair of rsdc122 in the f/s section. you can find all the info in the facts/how to section here under manuals.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

just an fyi onlinecarstereo will not be able to get them, even if they have already told you they have them. They do that to everyone but are rarely able to get stuff like this that is not made anymore. I could rock JL amps just as confidently as I could pg personally.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Pharker1988

Post by Pharker1988 »

Phoenix gold amps are sick i had the rsd 600.1 clean simple Power.. JL Audio is like the NASA of car audio.. If you dont know how to tune those amps they're horrible.. My slash 500 was created for an all out audiophile to achive perfect sound. Personally, JL slash amps are NOT necassary. But i believe im going to run two ten inch RSd subs on it
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

you don't tune a jl amp any differently then you would a pg. Not sure I would call the slash amps an audiophile quality amp, they are good no doubt but there is better SQ wise if you want to mention audiophile quality....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
MykeJ

Post by MykeJ »

Hey I have 2 RSD 10s that I was running of a Xenon 600.1 in sealed and did they sound good. I still have them sitting in my basement dam nice subs :D