Rainbow cmx465 extreme kick mids/tweeter/anyone use them?

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
kg1961
Got wood?

Rainbow cmx465 extreme kick mids/tweeter/anyone use them?

Post by kg1961 »

Hello Everyone
I would like to hear if you have ever heard and what you like dislike about these speakers
the reason i ask is im wondering if the mid bass will have a ok sound down to 60 hz. I know they are dual 6.5 mids if i run them sealed i shold. but i looked online and youtube but have not seen all that much on them.
I know they are from germany so maybe some of the memeber over seas can let me know

I own a set but still waiting for them from joerg so maybe in the next couple week i will have them

also i would like to know how much power are you giving them

thanks again
Mike
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
PhuckinGood

Re: Rainbow cmx465 extreme kick mids/tweeter/anyone use them

Post by PhuckinGood »

I have run Rainbow comps before, havnt used the cmx ones, all I can say is I now have focals installed and they are not a patch on the Rainbows, wish I never sold them :doh:
Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

PhuckinGood wrote:I have run Rainbow comps before, havnt used the cmx ones, all I can say is I now have focals installed and they are not a patch on the Rainbows, wish I never sold them :doh:

Did they a good mid bass? i can only think 2 set of good sounding mids will give me alot of front stage. i still for some silly reason want to try the cyclone in my car before it get installed in the basement
2020 honda accord sport
PhuckinGood

Post by PhuckinGood »

Yes they were very punchy indeed but still musical, I allowed them to breath in the whole front door which seems to add a bit too, these are what I had...

Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

Just an FYI the wood screws it looks like you are using do damage to speaker frames when they are torqued down. A Pan-head style is better as it has a flat surface which doesn't bend the speaker frame when tightened down.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
PhuckinGood

Post by PhuckinGood »

ttocs wrote:Just an FYI the wood screws it looks like you are using do damage to speaker frames when they are torqued down. A Pan-head style is better as it has a flat surface which doesn't bend the speaker frame when tightened down.
Tell me about it!!! Came back from the window tinters screwed in like that, thats why I took that picture. Just try to ignore that bit :oops:

Thanks for the heads up though
Alpine CDA-9886R
PG ZX250v1
PG ZX350v2
PG ZX450v1
PG Elite .65cs
PG QX 5.25
PG Ti12 sub x2
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

PhuckinGood wrote:Yes they were very punchy indeed but still musical, I allowed them to breath in the whole front door which seems to add a bit too, these are what I had...

so would you think the kick bass dual mids be able to run with a cyclone? i listen to rap dance ect

im still waiting for both my item from joerg but i have not heard from him in 7 weeks
2020 honda accord sport