Any thoughts of PG R312 subs?

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
biplaza

Any thoughts of PG R312 subs?

Post by biplaza »

Hi, I was planning to go for two R3 12" and feed them with 800 rms @ 2ohm, but I don't find a lot of info of this subs and can't hear them in person before buy them. Do you have some input based in your experience?

Those will be in a sealed enclosure so I have another question, anybody play along with the size of the enclosure? I think PG says 1ft is enough, but I am willing to give a little more than that if there is any benefit, does anybody know something about?

My other option is JL w3v3 but price is not similar, specs are near and I can't verify build quality of any of them in person.

THANKS!!
Kirghiz

Re: Any thoughts of PG R312 subs?

Post by Kirghiz »

One thing about a sealed enclosure is that the enclosure itself acts to support the sub's suspension, so going much larger than recommended will increase the chance that you'll bottom out the subs. Generally the largest recommended enclosure is as big as you should use.

I will say that I have four of the Ti2 10's in just under 2.5 Cubic sealed (recommended for one is 0.6), and they play test tones audibly down to 25hz which I found to be damned impressive for a sealed box. I'll also say that my installer sells the hell out of the R3's, so they can't be too bad.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
biplaza

Post by biplaza »

Hey Krighiz, thanks for your response. With how much power are you moving those little monsters ?
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

They're running off an Elite.1 which is rated at 2400 watts rms, but the birth sheet says 2800 rms.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
biplaza

Post by biplaza »

Well congrats, that setup should be very good ans LOUD haha

Anyone with a though about R312?