Elite 12 gen 2 blows 1st Gen out of the water!

Reviews for car audio, or general products.
bass junkie

Elite 12 gen 2 blows 1st Gen out of the water!

Post by bass junkie »

I blew up my elite 12 and they replaced it with a Gen 2 and Holy shit this sub pounds! Much better design all the way around not so cheap and plastic looking. The spider and ventilation system are of much higher quality. It kills in spl and SQ. Best sub on the market for sure!
dvnt88

Re: Elite 12 gen 2 blows 1st Gen out of the water!

Post by dvnt88 »

^^^^Sweeeeeeet ...will be getting this bad boy in a few weeks and can't wait to install it :shock: ...wasn't really happy with the 1st gen redo they did from the original TIElite :naughty: ...am happy I held off for the Elite2 ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
audioplus

Post by audioplus »

bass junkie wrote:I blew up my elite 12 and they replaced it with a Gen 2 and Holy shit this sub pounds! Much better design all the way around not so cheap and plastic looking. The spider and ventilation system are of much higher quality. It kills in spl and SQ. Best sub on the market for sure!
What kind of box was the old elite sub in ,did u change it for the new sub? I know the new specs for sq are about 1cube less for the elite2. Just wondering because I have 3 elite12ds , I love them but I am really interested in getting 3 elite2. They do look a lot smoother, but the 2012 model to me one of the best Subs I ever had. Hit low and hard. Is the difference really that noticeable?
bass junkie

Post by bass junkie »

Yes I had a box custom made for the gen 2 spl specs. The 2nd gens kill on the low end but they do not hit the highs and mids very well. Really nice sub for the money though.