MS Capacitor Replacement

All interesting or frequently asked topics will be moved here for reference. If you have a general question, please check here before posting. You may reply to threads here, but not post new ones. Chatter and off-topic remarks will be purged. Please contact a moderator to have a thread copied here.
zeropoint0.5

Re: MS Capacitor Replacement

Post by zeropoint0.5 »

I would love to know the link to rail caps of 63V and just 35mm high so they fit under the original plexi.....

you will find 50V easily, but 63V/10000mF for in the original ms2250 will be way more difficult.
Bigred41291

Post by Bigred41291 »

Sorry to sound ignorant but is it suggested that I change the sil pads when I change mycaps on my frank? Also I saw you guys saying on the old m.series the input caps need to be changed too? If thats the case I don't want to try and tackle this on my own.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

You will find all the info you need for recapping your amps on this forum. If you know how to handle a soldering-iron and follow the instructions given then it's quite simple to do.
All inputcaps from the 90's need to be replaced, and yes that means M-series too.
I advice to change the silpads too; simply because many get partially damaged during removal. Bad silpads cause the fets to short on the sink or dissipate heat badly; in both cases your amp will suffer damage.
Nico
Bigred41291

Post by Bigred41291 »

I meant rail caps(big ones right)
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Bigred41291 wrote:I meant rail caps(big ones right)
I meant all caps.
And thanks for answering my question.
[You do not want to sound ignorant; then at least show some basic communication..]
Bigred41291

Post by Bigred41291 »

Never mind I'm selling it to fund my elite install I have planned
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Bigred41291 wrote:Never mind I'm selling it to fund my elite install I have planned
With your style of communication that's the best solution. :clap:
Bigred41291

Post by Bigred41291 »

Whats wrong with my "communication" I dont have extensive knowledge like others do so when I ask for forgiveness for not knowing as much as you I dont understand where my lack of communication comes from I clearly asked a question and you decided to respond with arrogance.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

There's nothing wrong with asking questions, not even if they make the person asking sound ignorant. The only stupid question is the one not asked. :wink:
There is however something I call basic communication, like "thanks, but I meant the railcaps, do they need replacement too?". Sounds a lot more friendly than your reply "I meant rail caps".
Hope you understand now what I'm trying to say, even if it sounds arrogant to you at first.
Nico
Bigred41291

Post by Bigred41291 »

Ok sorry il remember my please and thank yous
pdelgadinho

Post by pdelgadinho »

I'm going to PM Nico regarding sil pads, but does anyone know if there is a place to order them in US/Canada?
finbar

Post by finbar »

Digikey has 'em, cut to size (my fave) or sheet.

They have an excellent help desk.
pdelgadinho

Post by pdelgadinho »

I was browsing around digikey last night and they have about 10 different series of sil-pads, and then each of those has around 10 different sub-products which I think maybe are different sizes or hole position!? It's a little over my head. They all start to look the same but have different product numbers. lol

Any tips or suggestions on how to narrow them down? Is there a particular series that is the correct replacement for PG amps, and then do you just order the size that matches the sil-pad your replacing?

Thanks in advance for the help.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

For everybody who wants to recap their MS, MAC or MPS amp;
At the moment I can deliver 100 silpads for $50.00 shipping included to your home. These are exactly the right size and have the correct thermal properties for all MS,MAC and MPS amps. Grey colour. These are manufactured in Germany [our neighbour-country]and I provided them already to many members, who all used them with succes.
They are made only AFTER I order them, so every batch is fresh; silpads lying on the shelf for years will be less in quality than newly produced ones. I encountered problems with that in the past, leading to a bussiness-deal with the only supplier I know who has these pads. There are 300 pcs. in stock at the moment, picked up yesterday. Delevery new batch ;two weeks after ordering.
If you can not find the right silpads local, or [after reading the info here on the forum] you do need help recapping, then feel free to PM me with further questions.
Nico
Attachments
silpads 010.JPG
silpads 010.JPG (67.65 KiB) Viewed 16651 times
holmis

Post by holmis »

Hi Folks !

Need some advice.

I have to recap my MS2250
Cant find the big caps anywhere (63v ,10000uF)
Anyone know where to sorce this ?

Also going over one of my Frank`s.
In the 430 part there is some 15000uF, 32V caps.

Cant find those . Anyone?
Old School PG Fan/Collector & Jeep fanatic...
Madman in a nuclear mode!!
2x FAS, 3xReactor, MS275, MS2125, M25, M44, 2xMPS2240, ZX450, 3xZX350, 2xZX250, 8xPG Original Jacket, Box full of BassQube`s Xmax8,10,12, 2 sets of BostonAcoustics 6.5.3 + + +

My Buyer & Seller Ratings : http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15269
My CV Recone service: www.cerwinvega.multi2net.com
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

Mouser and digikey have them...make sure the dimensions are the same.