Buyer Beware: JOYRIDER [not joyride !]

If you have purchased an item through a forum member, please leave them a positive or negative review.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Buyer Beware: JOYRIDER [not joyride !]

Post by nico boom »

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Nick sold me his "like new" MS2125.
Nick did a fine job on packing, having it tested, and sending pics; compliments for that, but after the amp arrived things went bad.
The amp was far from "like new" ; most of that was not shown on the pics.
Inside I found the board burned in one corner, backplate and metal bottomplate had black smoke on it [did not show on pics], plus it had the distictive smell inside that goes with that condition.
After checking the output with DMM, tone-generator and scope, the damaged side proved to put out a distorted signal.
I have to add here that Nick had it "tested" locally, showing the green power-on light lit..... it just was not tested like mentioned above [not his fault].
SO......
After having paid Nick extra for PP-fees he had not expected, paying a extra $74 on tax because of a wrongly filled-in shippingform, plus discovering the amp beeing as described, I PM'd Nick.
He replied saying he was surprised to hear this, and would think about solving it.
That was three weeks ago; since then Nick only replied to my PM's, saying he is bussy, and could not decide how to solve this in a proper way for the both of us.

Nick; I regret it has to be this way, but like I said in my last PM; you leave me no choice.
If you know or not; you dragged this along long enough to be over 45 days after payment; I can not take any action with PayPal anymore to get a refund of some kind.
You are legally free therefore, from having to compensate me.
I learned from this experience, and really hope you will alter the way you do business; I hope you will solve these kind of things in the future; it's a better way to live your life in the long run.
Nico