Buyer beware: anthonyregal86

If you have purchased an item through a forum member, please leave them a positive or negative review.
vwdude

Buyer beware: anthonyregal86

Post by vwdude »

I found a ZPA0.5 on eBay. Starting bid was $350, kind of high. In the description he said that it was recapped and purchased from phoenixphorums. The original plexi was included. In e pictures the amp was sitting on its original box.

I messages him asking if the box is included.

So I bid on e amp and won it at $350. When he shipped it he said that he shipped it with a brown box. I messages him saying that I wish he had asked first if he was going to change it because the only reason I spent so much on the amp was because it included its original box. I got no response.

Once the arrived I checked it. First off, it was in a brown PG box. The box was sealed with duct tape. I gently shook the box to see how tightly it was packed. I heard the amp flopping around in he box. With 1 pull all of the tape came off. When I opened the box it was packed with a couple of cut sheets of bubble wrap. Luckily the amp did not appear damaged.

The plexi was in great shape and the paint had the noted scrapes that were mentioned in the auction. He dc offset was off on one channel but the amp works.

I messages him about the box. After several messages back and forth I was given the option to return the amp for a refund or pay $30 for the original box.

I then offered him $20 to send me the box, but I asked that he ship it inside another box to protect it. He responded saying that I a welcome to return the amp for a refund.

I am waiting to hear if he will pay for the return shipping. If not then I will keep it but give bad feedback on eBay.

Cliffs notes: amp came in good shape, but it was poorly packed and did not include the original box, which was originally promised.
Last edited by vwdude on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
vwdude

Re: Buyer beware: anthonyregal86

Post by vwdude »

Btw, this guy also had a ZPa0.5 with red terroids listed for $350. That one came with a replacement plexi. He offered the original plexi for $100 more. Same deal also for a ZPA0.3 that he had listed, with a starting bid of $255. Neither of those amps sold.

Just beware, he does not value taking care of the amps nor does he have good ethics.
oldschoolpgfan1

Post by oldschoolpgfan1 »

Well he got his "purple box" and amp came to him just fine. Wanna be a cry baby about cut strips of bubble wrap? And all my amps sold for what they were worth. All worked and all were received in shape I was given in the first place quit begin a nit picking crybaby. I still have 6 more and not selling them.
oldschoolpgfan1

Still no reply on if he got his purple box. BTW I had so many under the table offers from egay members that I forgot he was the one who asked about the purple box. My baaadd. And I mailed his purple box and the brown pg box did not "pull off in one pull". I'd bet my car on it. I value these amps very highly. Since it wasn't packaged in clear tape he copped a fit. The brown pg box was brand new and all crush points stable amp had precisely cut thick bubble wrap all through out. That amp was just fine. We had nothing but massive snow storms here and I was sick twice on top of it. Thank god I am in remission. Just remember this . There Are 2 sides to every story. Each side can be greatly exaggerated or the plain truth. Truth is amp came to him just fine and truth is he received the purple box. Just fine. I'm not some sloppy fat guy that's out for money. Look at my Regal on here.
oldschoolpgfan1

Since we haven't received 12 inches of snow every other day I was able to go to the hardware store and buy "clear tape" and send his box in that fashion.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

I had a feeling it was you (the one with the regal and all those ZPA's in it)....because once vwade mentioned that you stated you had a bunch more only one person came to mind.

What ever happen to the regal?
oldschoolpgfan1

I still have it.... I just had some recapped zpa amps I had extra. I even kept the ones that I had blank plexi covers for and amps that need to be recapped. Do someone a favor and sell them a recapped zpa amp with a mint plexi and re send the purple box and still had to be "buyer beware" smh
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I always say there are 3 sides to every story. Even with out anyone lying just in the act of telling a story from two people, the truth is somewhere in between what each person says. Are you saying you did not tell him that you had the original box as if it were included? I mean that seems to be the point of contention is if you said it included the box. Any of us here will generally shell out another $20-30 for the original box and being a member here I would have thought you understood that?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
oldschoolpgfan1

In all honesty I regret selling them. I kept non recapped amps with blank plexis. But I wanted to make someone else happy. To me the plexus don't matter too much. But its very hard letting them go due to my addiction to these amps. When I took the pic I didn't intend for the box questions and I had at least 15 people wanting the box alone. So I was confused to whom the box went to to begin with. In the end I shipped him the box for free and apologized. But this buyer beware is junk because of nit picking. These amps are worth more than 350.00 even today. That circuit board was absolutely mint and so was the plexi. Everyone wants a deal nobody wants to pay. To me these amps are worth every bit of $400-450.00 especially recapped. And BTW both plexis sold and so did the red torrid zpa 0.5 and 0.3 both recapped for 385.00 and 275.00 plexis sold for 100.00 each to members on this forum with no complaints.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

You would have more success telling your side of the story if you cut out all the complaining about complaining, name calling, how many other offers you had waiting or what you think they are worth and just stick too the facts. Again not picking sides but if you read both sides of the story I can't say getting all wound up like this helps you sound like you probably would like too. So far it sounds as though he had a right to expect the box to come with the amp. He did ask about it and you did reply so it doesn't matter how many people asked about it.

I think probably a year ago an mint but empty M50 box came up on the bay that I bought for $20 shipped in fact. I have never even owned an m50 amp but knew that someone on here would like it to go with their amp so I just sold it to them for what I had in it. I did ship it in another box as well to protect it... I mean I get it that its just a dumb box but I also get that its the original/vintage box and we all know that anything vintage/old is worth more when it comes with the original packaging.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
oldschoolpgfan1

Well lesson learned. I have 3 more purple boxes if I ever decide to run zapco instead I know to sell my amps for more because of original box. I didn't even take him up on his offer or my demand. I sent him the box. And his "oh thanks for the box I'll leave you good feed back" also wasn't done like he stated. So who is the shady one? Buyer beware coming soon on beetle bug man or whatever his name on here is.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

Yes I got the purple box, thank you for sending it. I do not wish to continue any negative back and forth about this issue. I could nitpick about how the repairs were done on the board but you weren't the one who did it, and in all honesty you probably didn't know about it. The amp worked fine and that's exactly how you advertised it.

Oh and I did give you positive feedback on eBay. Look at the date on this thread, it's from when you were refusing to send me the box that you originally promised.