I got snookered!

If you have purchased an item through a forum member, please leave them a positive or negative review.
customtronic

I got snookered!

Post by customtronic »

I bought an M25 last year from someone here. I don't remember who from or for what price. I applied power and got the green light so I put it away in the cabinet. Can't remember if I tried sending signal thru it or not. I decided to part with it and sold it to a guy a few days ago. When he got it he pulled the cover to take a look at the caps. Only problem was that the caps are missing! Made me feel like an ass for selling something that was in that condition. For all I know the guy I bought it from didn't know that the amp was in that condition either. Most guys on this forum are straight shooters and honest. I don't think the seller here intentionally sold it knowing that it was in this condition. I offered to refund some of the money to the owner so all is not lost. Just thought that I'd share this experience with you guys.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: I got snookered!

Post by ttocs »

that sucks.

but on the plus side your half way done swapping the caps. Any damage on the board?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
trickyricky

Post by trickyricky »

That's crazy, at least it didn't have some skimpy skinny caps.
customtronic

Post by customtronic »

The problem was that I already sold the amp and the new owner found this when he popped the cover of. Didn't make me look too good. I offered to refund some money but he said that he was going to re-cap all of his M-series at the same time so he would just deal with it.
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

That is cool of him on his part. Also the right thing to do on your part by offering some money back.