1997 Sound System surrounded by a Nissan Altima

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
alpineaudio

1997 Sound System surrounded by a Nissan Altima

Post by alpineaudio »

This is only my 3rd build, technically only my 2nd (check out this post http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic. ... &start=100 and you'll understand)

The car is a 1997 Nissan Altima I bought new, I started the sound system install around 2000. I had to gut my prior car due to it's dying (engine blew), and due to that it allowed me some freedom. By now I was working for a car electronics company, still do, so I could get A LOT of gear at some AWESOME prices!! So I went out and sold off a bunch of stuff, and bought yet even more! I wanted to see what I could really do for sound quality. I dynamatted the whole car with two layers top to bottom front to back, even doing the trunk, with dynamax then added two layers on the floor of dynapad. 1g wire was ran to the trunk, 12 g speaker wire of equal lengths was ran from the amps to the cross overs, and then again equal lengths to all speakers. The eq's would allow me to flat line the car fully on the RTA, then the DA converter would allow me to put a pleasing slope on it and also do time alignment. Again since I was wanting sound quality, I am running the signal to my trunk through optical cable.

Head Unit: Alpine-CDA7949
Changer: Alpine-CHAS605
DA Convert: Alpine-PXAH600 as signal from the headunit and changer go optically to the trunk, no noise.
Line Drivers: Phoenix Gold-PLD1 4 of these, one for each channel, front, center, rear and sub.
EQ: Phoenix Gold-EQ232TI two of these, one for the front and one for the rear
EQ: Audio Control-EQT for the center channel
EQ: Alpine-3401 for the sub
Center Channel Processer: Audio Control-System 90 Model 11
Front Amp: Phoenix Gold-MS1000ta two channels to front speakers
Center Amp: Phoenix Gold-MS275 running mono
Rear Amp: Phoenix Gold-MS275
Sub Amp: Phoenix Gold-MS1000ta two channels mono'd to the sub
Front Speakers: MB Quart-RSB335 8" bass, 5" mid, 1" tweet
Center Channel: MB Quart-RMC100 4" mid and 19NXBULK tweeter
Rear Speakers: MB Quart-RSB160 6.5" coax's
Xovers: MB Quart-Comp cross overs for all channels but sub
Sub: Alpine-6015 15" sub made by home audio company Gauss
Capacitor: Phoenix Gold-Power Core 15ti

I built this wanting to do more competitions, unfortunately when I finished, IASCA was just dying, and all everyone wanted to see was who had the most bass. In regards all the custom work, I did 97% of it, I had to have an install friend wrap the 4 doors in the vinyl. When you look at the trunk, unfortunately as you might have now caught, I ran out of space. I have 1 MS275 buried underneath everything, as well as the 4 PLD1's and the 15 farad Power Core.
Attachments
The sound system surrounded by a 1997 Altima
The sound system surrounded by a 1997 Altima
Scan_Pic0001.jpg (172.38 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Customer plexi cover I built to hold my Optima and well as the main fuse.
Customer plexi cover I built to hold my Optima and well as the main fuse.
Scan_Pic0002.jpg (240.91 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
My deck, controller for the DA converter, controls for the center channel and switches to control fans and lights.  Just above the deck, you can barely see a set of air vents, in there I have my center channel.
My deck, controller for the DA converter, controls for the center channel and switches to control fans and lights. Just above the deck, you can barely see a set of air vents, in there I have my center channel.
Scan_Pic0003.jpg (204.01 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
The glove box modified to have front access to my changer.
The glove box modified to have front access to my changer.
Scan_Pic0004.jpg (197.3 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
The door to my changer open.
The door to my changer open.
Scan_Pic0005.jpg (197.27 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Front speaker with it's grill on.
Front speaker with it's grill on.
Scan_Pic0006.jpg (174.84 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Front speakers.  Don't those 8" and 5" speakers look AWESOME!  The enclosure is built on the door panel as the door has been fully dynmatted shut.  Each speaker has it's own enclosure.  I will be soon opening up the back side so they can breath a little more.
Front speakers. Don't those 8" and 5" speakers look AWESOME! The enclosure is built on the door panel as the door has been fully dynmatted shut. Each speaker has it's own enclosure. I will be soon opening up the back side so they can breath a little more.
Scan_Pic0007.jpg (205.03 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Rear speaker with it's grill on.
Rear speaker with it's grill on.
Scan_Pic0008.jpg (190.84 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Looking at the rear door.  The speaker pod is built onto the door panel as the doors have been fully dynamatted, so the door is fully sealed shut.  Currently the speaker pod is sealed, but I will be cutting out the back side so the 6.5" can breath a little more.
Looking at the rear door. The speaker pod is built onto the door panel as the doors have been fully dynamatted, so the door is fully sealed shut. Currently the speaker pod is sealed, but I will be cutting out the back side so the 6.5" can breath a little more.
Scan_Pic0009.jpg (197.65 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
All 5 of the MB Quart Comp crossovers stuff in the ski pass through to the trunk.  One for each channel including the center.
All 5 of the MB Quart Comp crossovers stuff in the ski pass through to the trunk. One for each channel including the center.
Scan_Pic0010.jpg (220.72 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Looking at my rear deck in the car.  I unfortunately didn't take a picture with the speaker covers on.  Left side is looking at where the sub fires through, right side is where the port is fired through.
Looking at my rear deck in the car. I unfortunately didn't take a picture with the speaker covers on. Left side is looking at where the sub fires through, right side is where the port is fired through.
Scan_Pic0011.jpg (165.71 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
All hail Phoenix Gold!
All hail Phoenix Gold!
Scan_Pic0012.jpg (167.02 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Glancing at the trunk open.
Glancing at the trunk open.
Scan_Pic0013.jpg (216.67 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
The power distribution.  1g going to 4 g for most of the amp.  MS1000ta gets 1g going to each end.
The power distribution. 1g going to 4 g for most of the amp. MS1000ta gets 1g going to each end.
Scan_Pic0014.jpg (193.09 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Looking at the back wall at the two EQ232ti's and the Audio Control center channel processor
Looking at the back wall at the two EQ232ti's and the Audio Control center channel processor
Scan_Pic0015.jpg (213.88 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
The Alpine DA converter on the right side on the trunk
The Alpine DA converter on the right side on the trunk
Scan_Pic0016.jpg (175.21 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
Looking down on the trunk in all it's gold glory.  MS1000ta on the left, while the MS275 is on the right on the floor.
Looking down on the trunk in all it's gold glory. MS1000ta on the left, while the MS275 is on the right on the floor.
Scan_Pic0017.jpg (227.32 KiB) Viewed 22121 times
LowandLoud

Re: 1997 Sound System surrounded by a Nissan Altima

Post by LowandLoud »

:shock:

Wow. This car is amazing. I have a soft spot for this body style Altima as well having bought one when it was a current body style. Also, i love 3 spoke wheels. And what can i say, PG is the shit 8)

You sure have utilized all of the available space while still keeping the back seat. Great job man, i am jealous. :clap:

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Lux

Post by Lux »

Impressive install. Nice and clean. :clap:
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Very clean install man. :clap:
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

that is a very nice install. you dont see installs and systems like that very often these days. Its very similar to the system I had in my grand am, with the model 11, Quart speakers, 30 band PG eq, alpine deck and changer. you made great choices on all of your products.
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.
jammin

Post by jammin »

Great install job
Audio control 3.1, EQX II, MPS-2500 x2, PPI A404 x3, The rest is top secret.

Sponcered by http://www.hiscarparts.com
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

Thanks to everyone for all the great feedback! I read the forum regularly, but these were my first posts. Just want to throw out there I am changing out components in the system and so the following items are available if anyone has an interest:

QTY: ITEM:
1 Changer: Alpine-CHAS605
1 DA Convert: Alpine-PXAH600
4 Line Drivers: Phoenix Gold-PLD1
1 Line Driver: Phoenix Gold TBAT
2 EQ: Phoenix Gold-EQ232TI
1 EQ: Audio Control-EQT
1 EQ: Alpine-3401
1 Center Channel Processer: Audio Control-System 90 Model 11

All items are working in the system except for the TBAT2 which was never installed. Please let me know if you are interested, it will take a few weeks to uninstall & send. I am planning to list all of these on Ebay at that time. I'll put links in to the auctions.
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

I am finally listing all the stuff I am pulling to then put in the PXAH800. Here's link to all the stuff on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/alpine*audio/m. ... 7675.l2562
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

What are the measurements of the cage fans? Width and height.

Thanks
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

Dimensions for the fan are 9 3/4" long and 2" wide.
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

Unfortunately it looks like it's that time........I'll be selling all my gear out of my Altima. Due to various reasons I've had to change cars and I'd rather not reinstall all this gear in a new car. Shortly I'll be posting a link of all the item's I'll be selling.
chicago-regal

Post by chicago-regal »

Are you going to go the ebay route, Or first person interested? I want one of those MS 1000
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

chicago-regal wrote:Are you going to go the ebay route, Or first person interested? I want one of those MS 1000
I was looking at doing as I have in the past, Ebay, but I am definitely open to offers. I'll post here tonight all the model numbers that I plan on selling.

Todd
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

there is a facebook site for pheonix classifieds that could save you some money on listing fees.

I would be interested in the 1 in/ 2 out fuse block if you would separate things.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

Sorry it took so long, but here's what I'll soon be putting on ebay unless anyone wants to PM me an offer.

Head Unit: Alpine-INAW910
Backup Camera: Alpine-HCEC125
License plate frame for camera: Alpine KTXC10LP
DA Convert: Alpine-PXAH800
DA Converter display: Alpine-RUXC800
Amp: Phoenix Gold-MS1000ta
Amp: Phoenix Gold-MS275
Amp: Phoenix Gold-MS275
Speakers: MB Quart-RSB335 8" bass, 5" mid, 1" tweet with comp x-over
Rear Speakers: MB Quart-RSB160 6.5" coax's with comp x-over
Sub: Alpine-6015 15" sub made by home audio company Gauss
X-over: MB Quart MCX100 just 1
Some miscellaneous connects I'll add shortly.
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

Finally listing everything on ebay. Here is a link to the listing for the MS1000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PHOENIX-GOLD-M ... SwfiZcsmm8

With that you can view everything else I have been forced to part with, MS275, Alpine double din, etc.
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

Just a little over 5 hours and my auctions end. Little after 7:30 pm PST.
alpineaudio

Post by alpineaudio »

Just a few items left from this system, including the MB Quart speakers, are now on ebay. Search alpine*audio for all the listings.