NAAAAAAWWWWWSSSS

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

Here is a grand marqis video. Not as much power stock as the lx vic, but you get the idea :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kwd41bx4uo
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Thats pretty cool. The g/z isn't very light. Round about 3500 lbs.

Post up some running vids when you start spraying.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Ahsmo wrote:Thats pretty cool. The g/z isn't very light. Round about 3500 lbs.

Im having second thoughts... Im thinking about a supercharger.. Love the whinining sound...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GqghXB9Hn_4
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

By the way, your car is doing 370 at the wheels?
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Mackenzie wrote:By the way, your car is doing 370 at the wheels?
of course 8)
Mackenzie wrote:
Ahsmo wrote:Thats pretty cool. The g/z isn't very light. Round about 3500 lbs.

Im having second thoughts... Im thinking about a supercharger.. Love the whinining sound...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GqghXB9Hn_4
I would just spray. Much easier and cheaper to install. You can take it out if you want also.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Yea its definately cheaper, but filling up bottles gets annoying.. I just found a place locally that will do it.. They will call me tomorrow with some quotes.. Supercharger time :lol:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I cant make up my mind.. :evil:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

SUPERCHARGER. NOS is cool if all you want to do is drag race, but the supercharger will be way better in every other case.

Hell, supercharge it, and if you want more power for dragging THEN NOS it.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Im waiting for the guy to get back at me.. but this is the kit im looking at. It looks completely stock on my car. nice little vid

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/6015 ... yno-dv.wmv
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

btw how much boost are you running ashmo?
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Mackenzie wrote:btw how much boost are you running ashmo?
8 psi
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

I am giving up on my piggy back controlling boost. The boost spikes are annoying and hit my fuel cut is scary enough so I bought a HKS EVC 6 from a guy on the 350z boards.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=3208
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Cool... now just add V-pro and you'll be laughing.
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

stipud wrote:Cool... now just add V-pro and you'll be laughing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

utec is enough for sub 500 hp 8)
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

My friend is running V-pro on his SR20DET 240sx... man, the launch control is amazing, and it runs better than on the stock computer! He got an enormous improvement in power, just by switching to V-pro and letting it adapt. We haven't even raised the boost above stock 6psi yet! We are installing an EVC once we take it out of storage this spring. Soooo looking forward to that. Maybe he will even beat my Saab :lol:
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

stipud wrote:My friend is running V-pro on his SR20DET 240sx... man, the launch control is amazing, and it runs better than on the stock computer! He got an enormous improvement in power, just by switching to V-pro and letting it adapt. We haven't even raised the boost above stock 6psi yet! We are installing an EVC once we take it out of storage this spring. Soooo looking forward to that. Maybe he will even beat my Saab :lol:
Yeah nice system but limited by the fact that only an authorized tuner can adjust them. There is a new system in som stage of development which is going to knock the V-pro off its seat at the top called Proefi from sound performance. Does everything the V-pro does but self tunes for a target AFR and knock count. No more $400 dollar tunes. It has dual integrated widebands...pretty neat. Still the V-pro is tried and true!

I bet that 240 is a blast to drive and I bet it flogs your Saab. :lol:

Oh if I hadn't gotten the EVC for such a great deal I would not have bought it....anything with HKS on it has to cost at least 20 times anything else.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Well, his shop is an HKS dealer, so it's only natural that he would use it. It's a fun car, no doubt. The SR20 swaps aren't as direct as they would appear... his ABS and HICAS no longer works, and we're still having tons of issues getting everything working perfectly. I guess part of the trouble is because he swapped an S14 engine into an S13, and the ECU out of the S14 had none of the special features that his S13 chassis has.

So far the Saab is still much faster, even from a dig, but I'm running about 15psi versus his 6. He's also a good 1000lbs less than me, so once we get the EVC on I'm expecting to lose... at least if he can get his shifts quicker. Both of our cars dynoed with the same horsepower, when mine was running base boost (6psi) as well, so I am very curious to see the results after EVC gets his boost up to par with mine.

Here are some pics right after we did the engine swap. It's been tidied up a lot since then, plus V-pro:
http://photo.stipud.com/v/cars/240/
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I just got the universal xpipe set from summit racing.com 2.5inch xpipe.. I had it installed today, and wow did it make a difference. The factory pipes were so restricting. I wanted to have the cats taken off, but the shop said they didnt have anywhere to put the 02 censors if they took the cats off, which is bs. All they had to do was drill a new hole to put them in at... Anyways after that shop did the xpipe, I took my car to another shop to take of my cats.. She is loud :)

Here is the xpipe from summit.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

So I take it the model year of your car didn't have an O2 sensor after the catalytic converter. You'd likely have a check engine light if so. Doesn't your state have emissions tests?
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

dedlyjedly wrote:So I take it the model year of your car didn't have an O2 sensor after the catalytic converter. You'd likely have a check engine light if so. Doesn't your state have emissions tests?
Maybe. My computer doesn't throw any codes with test pipes...most states just hook an OBI scanner up and check for 02 codes. no codes = pass. :D
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

dedlyjedly wrote:So I take it the model year of your car didn't have an O2 sensor after the catalytic converter. You'd likely have a check engine light if so. Doesn't your state have emissions tests?
My car does have the 02 sensor on it, and the guy said the check engine light would come on, which is fine, because im about to get my car tuned anyways, but the light has yet to come on.. I rode around all day, and nothing came on.. On a side note, knoxville does not have an emissions test. 8)
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Well my luck just ran out.. the check engine light finally came on :evil: O well, It will come off when I get my tune :lol:
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Mackenzie wrote:Well my luck just ran out.. the check engine light finally came on :evil: O well, It will come off when I get my tune :lol:
one thing you can do is get some spark plug non foulers from auto zone...(you need 4 of them if you 02 sensors are on both banks) for this to work but you drill out one so the 02 sensor fits and then screw that one into the other. Then reinstall the whole thing. This worked for me.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I don't get why everyone runs catless, when 3" metallic core race cats are so cheap.

Come on guys, do your part... hug a tree! Hell, your car will run better without the O2 sensors having a seizure.
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

:lol:
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4