anyone need techflex?

Any non-electronic/automotive related discussion goes here. Current events, sports, music, etc.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

anyone need techflex?

Post by ttocs »

everyone know what I am talking about? techflex is the braided material that more and more OEM manf are switching too from wire loom. I am sure you have seen it on more then a few cars on here its really good stuff that holds up well and give a nice look to the wire imo. I am about to order a few different styles/widths for when I put the engine bay together and wondered if anyone else was wanting to get some random lengths? I do not want to get too little so I thought about buying a couple 50ft spools of it to be sure. I know that sooner or later I will use it but wondered if there were any others on here that have been in need of some random lengths or longer? I need a couple of different sizes so if there is someone that is interested in it let me know and I can make sure I get enough and right type.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Drock

Re: anyone need techflex?

Post by Drock »

I love the techflex. I bought 250'.
Just a bit of advice though, buy smaller than you would think. It can expand lots. So if you want a nice tight fit, I find smaller is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I am basically recovering all my stock wiring that I can reach under the hood with it so I will be getting a few different thicknesses/styles to fit it all but it will be all black. While you say to go smaller then you think, have you ever ran a wire too thick for the techflex? I would rather have it a little baggy then to spend the time expanding it, and then feeding 3" of wire/cable into it at a time. But because of that I will have a number types if anyone needs some.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
vwdude

Post by vwdude »

I agree with stock on the size. I didn't know what size to get so I kept buying stuff too big and it made it look sloppy. Once I got the right size it made it look more professional. It's also easier to run the wire if you don't have oversized tech flex getting in the way.

Too big
A few of these and a few of those.
Creator of www.phoenixgoldregistry.com
hit me up to add your limited edition amps.