Hybrid + stereo?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Thunderdome

Hybrid + stereo?

Post by Thunderdome »

not sure if someone here may know anything about running stereos with hybrid cars, I been looking around but can,t find any conclusive numbers on generator output or capacities, reason I ask is I'm picking up a 2010 camry Hybrid on friday which will be my daily for a year or two so it would be nice if I could do something however small I my have to keep it

anyhow, let me know if you trip on anything.....Thnks
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
bassman

Re: Hybrid + stereo?

Post by bassman »

I often wonder how these cars address heating in cold areas, or ac in hot areas ?
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

this Camry I picked up has a 4 cylinder gas engine which works in unison with a 3 phase electric motor which also is a generator to supply all the power for the car through regeneration while coasting or breaking so you don,t have to plug it in and the heating and cooling work just like a normal car
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.
Mr. Wild

Post by Mr. Wild »

I'm pretty sure there was a similar thread here earlier. The conclusion of which was: the 12V system of hybrid cars is usually a puny auxiliary system. It fed from the HV batteries via a step down power supply which doesn't have much power.
--
M50, MS275, MPS2500, ZX450, ZPA0.3