Audison upgrade?

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dbjury

Audison upgrade?

Post by dbjury »

Hey all

I have an Alpine 9887, use my iphone / ios device for audio input,

Just discovered after some reading that the audio is not digital into the alpine, still sounds pretty good none the less....

Running active component setup n sub.

Now I have used the factory imprint microphone setup but wasnt really super impressed as you cant adjust any settings.

I am highly considering the Audison Bit 10 for a couple of reasons.

1. I could get rid of the alpine 9887 and replace it with an ipad mini dash setup through an i20 dock system. (better sound???) plus bling factor.
2. The audison bit 10 gives me full PC control of the eq band, I just need to get hold of an RTA to analyse the sound

The question is.... whats the real deal between the Bit 1 and the bit 10, I mean the price on the Bit 10 is very attractive and realistic, but am I going to miss something from the bit 1??

Also possibility of the Alpine H800 but again the Bit 10 price wise seems to be a great purchase.

The only thing extra I would like is a Volume control knob.... if I do go the Ipad way....

any thoughts or people that have been this route
BMW 2006 530D E60
(yet to fit) Alpine 9887 CD/Ipod/Reciever: Boston Acoustics ZX6: Boston Acoustics SPG-555: Phoenix Gold ELITE .5
Kirghiz

Re: Audison upgrade?

Post by Kirghiz »

The BitOne has a 16 Bit processor that is superior to the 24 bit processor in the Bit Ten. The Bit One has up to 8th order crossover points, where the Bit Ten is only up to 4th Order, and the Bit One has 8 outputs where the Bit Ten has only 6.

Those are the biggest differences, the most important being the number of outputs. If six outputs works for you, the Bit Ten is a viable choice. Especially if money is a concern. For me, I think the Alpine H800 is the best processor out there in terms of features, but the JBL MS-8, which you hadn't mentioned, is a decent option as well.

I can say with reasonable certainty, and most will agree, that between the Audison Bit One, Alpine H800, JBL MS-8, and Audison Bit Ten, that one of those is the best processor on the market. Which one of those is the best is debated ad nauseum on every car audio forum out there. Like I said, I lean toward the Alpine, but I think they'd all be great products and you'd be happy with any of them.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.