PPI amp repair

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
freudie1

Re: PPI amp repair

Post by freudie1 »

I'd add that amp as wall art to be honest.

I used to be a big PPI fan (had Art series, then later the PowerClass series). Neither amp was really reliable nor easy to install (odd shapes/stupid molex plugs/etc).

I will say the "fascination" if you will, was back in the day they were extremely unique. Now I look back (especially after you see them on the Old School amp dyno videos) and realize they were a bit of smoke and mirrors (rated power was not achieved let alone the efficiency was just awful).

Just trying to help as I hate seeing people revive some that "old school" stuff to only be very disappointed. PPI is RIP for a reason I say.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

freudie1 wrote:I'd add that amp as wall art to be honest.

I used to be a big PPI fan (had Art series, then later the PowerClass series). Neither amp was really reliable nor easy to install (odd shapes/stupid molex plugs/etc).

I will say the "fascination" if you will, was back in the day they were extremely unique. Now I look back (especially after you see them on the Old School amp dyno videos) and realize they were a bit of smoke and mirrors (rated power was not achieved let alone the efficiency was just awful).

Just trying to help as I hate seeing people revive some that "old school" stuff to only be very disappointed. PPI is RIP for a reason I say.
Well your intiteled to your own opinion still doesn't chane mine. The amp was given to me by a very good friend that had it since new he had a accident in the car it was installed in that's why I need the part I am looking for. The amp was installed by the same same stereo shop company I worked for (there was more than one shop) Discount Auto Sound in va beach va we were a authorized phoenix gold ppi sound stream amongst other oldschool stereo companies. I have installed a shit ton of all of them. Do you have one on your wall that you would take the part out of and help me fix the amp?
freudie1

Post by freudie1 »

Unfortunately for you I do not have such parts. PPI's proprietary connectors are the main reason I avoid them when doing old school installs. Impossible parts to find.

Like I said, I too loved their products.....in 1999.