PG Eq

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
bafukie

PG Eq

Post by bafukie »

Hi guys, this is my first post and im currently looking for a PG eq, but being me the newbie in PG, would like to ask which model of eq should my direction be. I only know there is the titanium which is the newer version and the white colour which is the older model. Looking for a 15 band. Thanks guys :wink:
joyride

Post by joyride »

What you are looking for is an EQ215, or if you want the incorporated X/O, it will be the 215X. The ti version and the others are all the same, just different colors. I have a ti 215 at home, but it is going to be a while until I can ge it back here to school. Keep an eye on ebay, they usually show up.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

It was also made with a black powder coated case.
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

thanks joyride, so in other words the older version and the newer 1 are basically the same?
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

bafukie wrote:thanks joyride, so in other words the older version and the newer 1 are basically the same?
EXACTLY the same. The only difference you may find is PG changed the balanced inputs to a different type of terminal, but internally they should all be identical (white, black, or Titanium).
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

nice, thanks mate. will be keeping a look out in ebay. Cheers
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Adjustable xover point as apposed to a fixed one. I can't remember which one is which, but Example, EQ215X would be fixed and EQ215iX would be adjustable. It might be the other way around.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/530918201.html

Some EQ's...I'd ask for more pictures tho.
the 230 looks like it may have some rust
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

tat guy posted like 2 years ago? lol... but if any of u guys own an eq215 and willing to part and willing to ship international, pm me. thanks guys
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

bafukie wrote:tat guy posted like 2 years ago? lol... but if any of u guys own an eq215 and willing to part and willing to ship international, pm me. thanks guys
if you're referring to the craigslist ad, it was posted 1 day ago... Date: 2008-01-06

January 6th, 2008.... :o
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

oops sorry... :?
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

I got two EQ215's available.
One is white EQ215x - Mint as new. No box, no manual.
Other (pictured) is an EQ215ix. Mint as new. Box and manual included. Factory inbox packing is long gone.
PM if interested.

The ix edition has an adjustable XOver frequency control for lowpass and highpass outputs - 30Hz - 600Hz.
The ix edition also has an ADC (Acoustical Delay Circuit) control up to 10 milliseconds for the lowpass output.
This adjustment ensures bass and mids are acoustically in phase.

You should post a WTB note in the "Sales" thread. It will generate interest a lot better than here in this technoweenie area.
Attachments
Resize of IMG_2992.JPG
Resize of IMG_2992.JPG (51.21 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
Resize of IMG_2991.JPG
Resize of IMG_2991.JPG (51.31 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
Resize of IMG_2990.JPG
Resize of IMG_2990.JPG (41.62 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
Resize of IMG_2988.JPG
Resize of IMG_2988.JPG (60.09 KiB) Viewed 7342 times
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

Well actually i first thought i wanna get some more feedback regarding the wonderful eq before looking out for it. Well since u guys are so helpful, i guess i will juz continue the discussion here, if its ok with u guys.

btw,hosehead, mind pm me ur selling price. thanks.
MINI COOP
Manneken Pis

Post by MINI COOP »

I think everything is said by now. you have a 15 band eq, a 15 band eq with x-over and you have a 30 band eq (I don't think there is a 30 band eq with x-over?!). you can find them in different colors (black, white, titanium)...

what do you want to know more about it :P

I think dat for sq the best eq is a 30 band eq, because you can boost more frequenties if there are bumps or holes in your frequency spectrum. nevertheless, the eq 215 will do his job to :wink:
some white pg shit in my thrunk, love it!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

MINI COOP wrote:I think dat for sq the best eq is a 30 band eq, because you can boost more frequenties if there are bumps or holes in your frequency spectrum. nevertheless, the eq 215 will do his job to :wink:
Instead of boosting the quiet frequencies, the best thing to do is reduce the louder frequencies. When you boost, you artificially create a signal, which is easily distorted. Reducing a signal can be done without distortion, so it is the much safer method.

Also note that any 3 decibel boost will request double the power from the amplifier at that frequency (6 decibels = 4 times!). It's safer to work within your amplifiers boundaries than to risk clipping, because the signal is beyond the amplifiers set sensitivity limits.
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

well, i just notice that there are pg eq that comes with/ without x-over. any differences? can i turn off the x-over and juz use the eq?
MINI COOP
Manneken Pis

Post by MINI COOP »

why not buying an eq without filters if you don't need the x-over :lol: :lol:
some white pg shit in my thrunk, love it!
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

well thats if i cant find one without the x-over which i dun mind as long as the x-over can be turn off and who knows might come in handy next time.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Edit: I believe you can turn the x-over to receive full signal.
Last edited by AVICJR on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

HoseHead PM sent.
eyesofra

Post by eyesofra »

bafukie wrote:well thats if i cant find one without the x-over which i dun mind as long as the x-over can be turn off and who knows might come in handy next time.
welcome to the phorum bafukie....:D

i would go your direction since as avic quoted u can turn off the xo in the eq.
And make use of the xo when the need arrives, probably when u decide to hook up a MS into ur install.... :wink:
do look into hosehead's offer man,it would be an excellent one ....
" If u know the rules, then u can break them " - Vidal S
bafukie

Post by bafukie »

thanks eyesofra, still waiting for hosehead's reply though... would love to try out old skool pg amp... heard alot of good things about them. prolly will start a project on that soon once i got my car. :twisted:
raymond

Post by raymond »

bafukie wrote:Well actually i first thought i wanna get some more feedback regarding the wonderful eq before looking out for it. Well since u guys are so helpful, i guess i will juz continue the discussion here, if its ok with u guys.

btw,hosehead, mind pm me ur selling price. thanks.