Phoenix Gold zero point (ZCS6 ) question

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Azim

Phoenix Gold zero point (ZCS6 ) question

Post by Azim »

My first post on this forum .

Brought a set of PG ZCS6 zero point comps recently ,got them at a good price .
I need to obtain specs for these comps .
Also how good are they sq /spl wise ?.
Im not sure weather they should go in my MK2 Rabbit (Golf in UK) for a sq system along side my JL13W6 sub or in my Van which will have a Crystal comp 10 sub and is less sq more sql based system ???

Also if anyone has a set of grilles for these please pm me .

Cheers in advance Azim
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

Welcome to the phorum Azim!

I can testify to the great SQ of the Zeropoints. I've also utilized those in a Golf. I believe was a 2000. Needed to do a multi layer speaker rings to get the speaker out from the door to allow clearance for the window to travel it's full range. I'm sure you'll know what i mean when you get into it. But still fit well behind the factory door panel and grill. No other modifications were necessary.

As for volume levels, the mids can definately 'hang' with an SPL set-up but not so much for the tweeters. Although if given a good clean signal will still get pretty loud and last for a long time.

Specs are in the car audio section and 'stiky'd' to the top. Here ya go

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... atures.PDF
Greg Kitching
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

the zero points are a great speaker. I am not sure if I considered them on the sq or spl range as they could get loud when they had power to them. They are a very robust speaker so give them as much as you can and you should be happy.

As greg said mounting them is fun with that big ol magnet on the back.
Azim

Post by Azim »

Thanks for the replys guys .

In your opinion how much clean rms power should i be giving them on a day to day basis ?.(The spec sheet says 180w rms max ).
So 150w per side of scoped output is fine then ?.
gkitching
Hair Metal
Hair Metal

Post by gkitching »

That should be fine . As long as they are x-over'd at around 70/80hz. Maybe lower if the x-over slope is steeper. They'll love it.
Greg Kitching